RigUp is changing the way work is done in the energy industry. Each one of our teams exists to move us closer to our north star -- “to empower the people who power the world.” The Core Operations team at RigUp is hiring a Payroll Analyst who will be responsible for ensuring accurate payments and reporting with respect to compensation of our Field employees.
Our ideal candidate for this role will be someone who has a strong understanding of data management and payroll processing, with an eye for process improvement and prioritization. In this role, you will be responsible for executing scalable solutions in support of a remote W-2 and 1099 workforce. Sound like you? Keep reading.
What you'll be doing:
- Identify and recommend process improvements such as training, customization, automation and enhancements to maximize value and efficiency of the HRIS and internal payroll tools
- Prepares reports and present findings and recommendations with respect to payroll accuracy and compensation trends
- Identifies, recommends, and programs custom functions and documentation such as automated queries, filters, macros, and reports
- Collaborates with other analysts and HRIS staff to plan, modify, and customize the HRIS and to test new applications and features
- Prepares training materials, guides, and documentation when needed
- Provides user training and hands-on support for Payroll Administrators
- Maintains knowledge of trends and developments in HRIS providers, vendors, and technology - with a focus on payroll
- Supports Payroll Administrators by entering, maintaining, and/or processing information in the payroll system; information may include employees hourly rates, salaries, commissions, bonuses or other compensation, time worked, paid leave and holidays, deductions and withholding, address changes, and other information
- Ensures proper processing of payroll deductions for taxes, benefits, charitable contributions, and other deductions
- Performs other duties as assigned.
What you should have:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Prior experience in Payroll or Accounting
- Proficiency in Excel
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Flexible PTO policy
- 401k Program with 4% match
- Fully paid employee health insurance for employee
- Open office space in the heart of downtown Austin
RigUp, a digital platform bringing modern workforce and vendor management to underserved industries, is one of the fastest growing companies in Austin. Founded in 2014, RigUp initially focused on the energy industry – empowering contract workers in oil and gas, solar, and wind to take home more pay for the same work, with better insurance and benefit options. The RigUp solution has expanded into equipment and vendor management, as well as on-demand, app-based service fulfillment, bringing cost savings and operational efficiencies to energy companies across the United States. Recent expansion will bring the RigUp platform to additional, energy-adjacent industries that rely on contract labor.
As a world-class employer, RigUp is committed to providing an environment where any and all people feel welcome, respected, and free to be their authentic selves. We welcome applicants of all gender identities, sexual orientation, educational background, religion, ethnicities, veteran status, and citizenships. We’d love to learn what you can add to our team!
Read Full Job Description