RigUp is hiring a full time Payroll & Benefits Accountant to join our team in Austin! RigUp is the fastest growing technology startup in oil and gas, and we’re dedicated to transforming the energy industry for the better. Our growing platform enables our customers to do what they do best, with greater efficiency, less complexity and lower costs, while maintaining the highest safety and environmental standards.
We’ve become a proven, trusted player in our space, and we’re not slowing down—we have great opportunities for further growth. RigUp has an extremely supportive institutional investor base, a revenue stream that is growing very fast, and a stellar team of engineers, operations experts, and sales pros.
This role will play an integral part in managing the day to day payroll operations, employee benefit programs, and drive data integration for cross functional teams. The ideal candidate will utilize their previous experience to take full ownership of the payroll process and proactively implement process improvements in a fast growth, rapidly changing environment. This position will also be responsible for additional administrative accounting duties as assigned.
What we are looking for:
- Self-driven. You need an execution focus and a strong sense of urgency and conviction.
- Team player. You thrive on collaborating to solve problems in a fast-paced environment.
- Detail-oriented. Your work is reliably accurate even when working fast.
- Great communicator. You can communicate effectively across the organization to drive results.
- Constant learner. You can grow your areas of expertise as we grow our product and business.
- Motivated. You take initiative and seek out responsibility.
- Manage weekly and semi-monthly payroll cycles for multiple subsidiaries maintaining a high standard of accuracy and timeliness
- Assist Talent, HR and Finance organizations in managing employee benefits
- Ensure compliance with state requirements for multi-state payroll processing
- Assist sales org in managing monthly and quarterly commission calculations
- Improve data quality of payroll-related information to integrate with our accounting platform
- Education: 4-Year college degree preferred
- 3+ years of payroll administration experience
- Knowledge of state and federal wage and hour laws
- Demonstrate solid judgment ensuring integrity, compliance, and confidentiality
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with proven ability to organize and analyze data
- Flexible PTO policy
- 401k Program with 4% match
- Fully paid health insurance
- Daily catered meals
- Competitive commuter benefits
- Work from home flexibility
- Open office space in the heart of downtown Austin
- Career development opportunities + partial reimbursement for ongoing education
- $2,000 vacation stipend on your 3 year anniversary
RigUp is a technology company that's building a platform to better support the energy workforce. Through the industry’s largest marketplace, we’re improving the lives of contractors and helping service providers and operators find the people who will get the job done. Headquartered in Austin, TX, and backed by Founder’s Fund, Quantum Energy Partners, and Silicon Valley Bank, we’ve raised $123.8 Million in funding to support our mission to change the way work is done in the oilfield.
Our goal is to make RigUp an environment where any and all people feel welcome, respected, and free to be their authentic selves. We welcome applicants of all gender identities, sexual orientation, educational background, religion, ethnicities, veteran status, and citizenships. We’d love to learn what you can add to our team!