Payroll & Benefits Specialist
ABOUT THIS POSITION
Aceable is seeking an experienced Payroll & Benefits Specialist to join our People & Culture Team. You will manage and administer semi-monthly, multi-state payroll for exempt and non-exempt employees, lead evaluation and administration of all employee benefits, and collaborate on a variety of People & Culture projects. You will ensure confidentiality, accuracy, and integrity of data, and serve as the main point of contact for employees on all things benefits and payroll. You are detail oriented, a strong problem solver, and you thrive on analyzing and improving processes in order to create delight for your customers, our awesome employees.
Aceable is a mobile education platform that focuses on creating affordable, engaging and convenient online courses available across all of your mobile devices. Built by former teachers, NASA engineers, and those passionate about education, the Austin-based team is obsessed with helping people reach life goals and milestones through online certification.
After launching its first mobile app to provide accredited driver's ed courses, Aceable expanded into real estate education and is quickly becoming one of the leading online real estate schools in Texas. To date, Aceable touts more than 20 million users and counting across all verticals, as it continues to expand adding millions nationwide each year.
Named by the Austin Business Journal as one of the Best Places to Work in Austin in 2017 & 2018 and winner of the Austin Chamber of Commerce’s Austin A-List for the Hottest Growing Startup in 2017. Aceable fosters a creative and collaborative culture whose overall mission is to impact as many student-lives as possible.
ABOUT THE PEOPLE & CULTURE TEAM
The Aceable People & Culture team is a data-driven, results oriented, and compassionate team committed to an amazing Aceable employee experience. We align people priorities to our strategic business objectives and use our core values as our north star. We cultivate the Aceable culture and live our values.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Be a trusted advisor and guide to all employees in navigating their pay and benefits
- Prepare and process semi-monthly, multi-state payroll for all employees; process off-cycle payments as needed
- Coordinate and ensure that employee data has been entered into payroll system for processing in an accurate and timely manner
- Register for payroll processing in new states as needed, including new SIT, SUI and local taxes
- Partner with payroll vendor and finance team on year-end activities
- Manage time keeping system, ensuring accuracy and proper approval of timesheets, creating training and documentation, and providing day to day support to employees and managers
- Partner with benefits broker to select yearly benefits packages, plan for, and execute open enrollment
- Administer medical, dental, vision, life, disability, 401k and other offerings, enrolling employees, reconciling invoices and ensuring compliance
- Proactively communicate benefits offerings to employees, driving engagement, education and usage
- Provide new hire benefits training and facilitate new hire benefits enrollment
- Own unemployment, workers compensation and disability claims processes
- Stay current on federal and multiple states' payroll regulations, tax rates and benefits law
- Liaise with accounting and finance team to provide payroll change information, benefits invoices, and support month end close activities
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- 3+ years of previous payroll and benefits experience
- Knowledge of payroll and benefits principles and best practices
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, and a keen attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and meet deadlines
- Excellent customer service to internal clients and partners, stellar written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to handle confidential information
- Experience with Ultimate software a plus
- Join one of Austin's Best Places to Work in 2017 and 2018
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Generous paid time off
- Passionate, high-achieving teammates excited to help you succeed and learn
- Our own space on the top floor of a downtown building
- A team meal every week
- Fully stocked drink fridges and snacks + cold brew coffee on tap
- Company events & other activities (Holiday parties, Happy hours, quarterly volunteering)
- Transportation stipend
- Education stipend
At Aceable we celebrate and support all differences. Aceable is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital, disability, and veteran status.