RigUp is changing the way work is done in the energy industry. Each one of our teams exist to move us closer to our north star -- “to empower the people who power the world.” RigUp strives for operational excellence by providing industry leading value to our consultants. RigUp is hiring a Payroll Manager that will be responsible for managing a fast-paced multi-state payroll of 2000+ W-2 consultants. If you have compassion for customer service, a roll-up your sleeves and get things done attitude, paired with a drive for data accuracy and continuous improvement, this could be the opportunity for you! We’re a team of high-achieving, low ego, detail-oriented problem solvers who come to work every day looking to make a difference in our consultant’s lives. Sound like you? Keep reading.
What You'll Be Doing
- Manage a payroll team that processes weekly and bi-weekly payroll cycles for multiple subsidiaries while maintaining a high standard of accuracy and timeliness
- Maintain payroll information by designing systems; directing the collection, calculation, and entering of data
- Assist the payroll team with discrepancies, benefit deductions, garnishment calculations, and proper taxation to ensure compliance
- Assist in M&A activity to include mapping and overseeing payroll transition plan
- Improve data quality of payroll-related information to integrate with our platform
- Maintain payroll guidelines by writing and updating policies and procedures
- Ensure compliance with federal, state, and local legal requirements by staying current on existing and new legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions
- Maintain payroll staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees
What You Should Have
- 8+ years of payroll administration experience
- CPP preferred
- Strong interpersonal (verbal and written) communication skills
- Strong knowledge of state and federal wage and hour laws
- Demonstrate solid judgment ensuring integrity, compliance, and confidentiality
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with proven ability to organize and analyze data
- Flexible PTO policy
- 401k Program with 4% match
- Fully paid employee health insurance for employee
- Open office space in downtown Austin
RigUp is a technology company that's building a platform to better support the energy workforce. Through the industry’s largest marketplace, we’re improving the lives of contractors and helping service providers and operators find the people who will get the job done. Headquartered in Austin, TX, and backed by a16z, Founder’s Fund, Quantum Energy Partners, and Silicon Valley Bank, we’ve raised $423.8 Million in funding to support our mission to change the way work is done in the energy field.
Our goal is to make RigUp an environment where any and all people feel welcome, respected, and free to be their authentic selves. We welcome applicants of all gender identities, sexual orientation, educational background, religion, ethnicities, veteran status, and citizenships. We’d love to learn what you can add to our team!
Read Full Job Description