RigUp is changing the way work is done in the energy industry. Each one of our teams exists to move us closer to our north star -- “to empower the people who power the world.” The People team at RigUp encompasses “all things people”. We have an amazing team built with People Partners, People Operations, Total Rewards, Talent Acquisition, People Development, Workplace Operations, and Administration functions. We work cohesively to build and maintain a high functioning and high performing team with a focus on promoting culture, growth, and efficiency.
We are currently building out our Total Rewards team and looking for a Payroll Manager to join our team! As the Payroll Manager, you will own the entire corporate payroll process and manage our corporate payroll administrators. In this role, you will manage the day to day payroll workflow and processes to ensure timely and accurate processing and coordination of designation payrolls. This role reports to the Total Rewards Manager.
What you'll be doing:
- Leading the upcoming payroll system transition
- Keeping abreast of all state, federal, and foreign regulations, reporting, and compliance guidelines
- Ensuring the implementation of internal procedures to insure that employees receive authorized pay rates and deductions
- Coordinating payroll functions with other departments such as Accounting, Finance, external payroll vendors/providers
- Tracking of varying commission payouts, bonus payouts, and PTO accruals
- Setting up new workers comp codes with insurance renegotiation and registering in new states
- Overseeing internal payroll and accounting audits on a semi-annual basis, assist with annual employee benefit plan audit
- Optimizing the use of payroll system and reporting for accounting and finance stakeholders
- Implementing formalized processes around bonus and commission payouts
- Managing a team that processes weekly, bi-weekly, and bi-monthly employee payroll payments on time and through the appropriate channels
- Implementing payroll processing controls within the system
What you should have:
- 8+ years of payroll experience, with deep HRIS experience a plus
- CPP preferred
- Experience with M&A transactions
- Deep expertise in Payroll rules, regulations, and processes across multiple states
- Experience using data to inform insights and decision-making
- Ability to work autonomously and navigate ambiguity
- Expertise in communicating effectively with stakeholders across the company
- Flexible PTO policy
- 401k Program with 4% match
- Fully paid employee health insurance for employee
- Open office space in the heart of downtown Austin
RigUp is a technology company that's building a platform to better support the energy workforce. Through the industry’s largest marketplace, we’re improving the lives of contractors and helping service providers and operators find the people who will get the job done. Headquartered in Austin, TX, and backed by a16z, Founder’s Fund, Quantum Energy Partners, and Silicon Valley Bank, we’ve raised $423.8 Million in funding to support our mission to change the way work is done in the energy field.
Our goal is to make RigUp an environment where any and all people feel welcome, respected, and free to be their authentic selves. We welcome applicants of all gender identities, sexual orientation, educational background, religion, ethnicities, veteran status, and citizenships. We’d love to learn what you can add to our team!
Read Full Job Description