Payroll Specialist - Sales at Arrive Logistics
Essential Functions (Volume/Sales Coordination):
- Serve as coordinator to Arrive’s commission policy and plans.
- Runs all volume compensation reports for management.
- Administer volume payroll and track each employee’s commission structure.
- Audit/Assist on all payroll activities.
- Coordinate all commission changes/structures with the Commission Team.
- Administer graduation presentations.
- Assure commissioning activities are executed in accordance with established Arrive processes and procedures.
- Completes assigned monthly tasks for processing, auditing, and reporting sales representative's commissions, utilizing multiple databases and systems to ensure the sales force is paid accurately and timely.
- Responds in a timely and accurate manner to all levels of sales management and their assistants regarding all issues concerning sales compensation policies and procedures in order to develop and maintain a positive partnership.
- Sits in on meetings with sales partners and compensation teams to determine needs in the field, share training/policy information and improve efficiency of monthly commission processes.
- Investigates and communicates statistical and commission related concerns of the sales organization to finance, operations, and sales management in order to accurately and efficiently calculate monthly commission.
Essential Functions (Payroll):
- Manage workflows to ensure all payroll transactions are processed accurately and timely.
- Perform daily payroll department operations.
- Reconcile payroll prior to transmission and validate confirmed reports.
- Process accurate and timely year-end reporting (W-2, W-2c, 941, etc).
- Develop ad hoc financial and operational reporting as needed.
- Load and import all necessary files including commission processing.
- Maintain payroll information by collecting, calculating, and entering data in a timely manner and accurately. Audits should be completed on an on-going basis.
- Prepare reports by compiling summaries of earnings, taxes, deductions, leave, disability, and nontaxable wages.
- Resolve payroll discrepancies by collecting and analyzing information.
- Manage a dedicated payroll email box and respond to employee questions within the hour.
Education and/or Experience:
- A bachelor’s degree.
- 1-3 years experience processing multi-state payroll.
- 1-3 years experience processing commission payroll.
- Working knowledge of payroll best practices.
- Strong knowledge of federal and state regulations.
- Strong PC skills including proficiency in Excel .
- Strong work ethic and team player.
- High degree of professionalism.
- Ability to deal sensitively with confidential material.
- Strong interpersonal (verbal and written) communication skills.
- Ability to communicate with various levels of management.
- Decision-making, problem-solving, and analytical skills.
- Organizational, multi-tasking, and prioritizing skills a MUST.
- Work in the booming city of Austin, TX!
- Take advantage of excellent benefits, including health, dental, vision, and life coverage.
- Invest in your future with our matching 401K program.
- Leave the suit and tie at home; our dress code is casual!
- Eat for free on Fridays…lunch is on Arrive.
- Grab a bite at the delicious food trucks located at the MET center.
- Sweat it out using our on-site, state-of-the-art gym & yoga studio!
- Recharge your batteries at our fully stocked caffeine bar.
- Soothe aches and pains with our monthly in-office massages.
- Get active at the MET Center’s hike and bike trails and disk golf course.
- Shoot some hoops at our basketball court or serve it up at our tennis court!