People & Culture Coordinator
ABOUT THIS POSITION
Aceable is seeking a People & Culture Coordinator to join our People & Culture Team. This person will create delight every day for our employees, wear many hats and is not intimidated by a growing to-do list. Instead, that list is an exciting opportunity to create and improve processes that result in efficient and scalable operations for an awesome company.
Aceable is a mobile education platform that focuses on creating affordable, engaging and convenient online courses available across all of your mobile devices. Built by former teachers, NASA engineers, and those passionate about education, the Austin-based team is obsessed with helping people reach life goals and milestones through online certification.
After launching its first mobile app to provide accredited driver's ed courses, Aceable expanded into real estate education and is quickly becoming one of the leading online real estate schools in Texas. To date, Aceable touts more than 450,000 users and counting across all verticals, as it continues to expand nationwide.
Named by the Austin Business Journal as one of the Best Places to Work in Austin in 2017 & 2018 and winner of the Austin Chamber of Commerce’s Austin A-List for the Hottest Growing Startup in 2017. Aceable fosters a creative and collaborative culture whose overall mission is to impact as many student lives as possible.
ABOUT THE PEOPLE & CULTURE TEAM
The Aceable People & Culture team is a data-driven, results oriented, and compassionate team committed to an amazing Aceable employee experience. We align people priorities to our strategic business objectives and use our core values as our North star. We cultivate the Aceable culture and live our values.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Coordinate and plan company and employee engagement events including happy hours, community service events, the Aceable holiday party, and other team building and community events that create delight for Aceable employees
- Support People & Culture programs and initiatives that provide an Aceable employee experience, such as the company’s employee engagement survey, security team monthly meetings, career development programs and diversity and inclusion
- Oversee purchasing of office supplies, IT supplies, SWAG inventory, and cleaning supplies, and keep kitchens fully stocked
- Manage the operations and cleanliness of the Aceable facilities (including meeting rooms, kitchens, snack and beverage vendors, and maintenance items)
- Lead and manage office space planning and growth, including desk moves, procuring new furniture and managing parking solutions
- Build and send internal communications around office processes, updates and events for the Aceable team, including creating helpful documentation based on day-to-day inquiries to continue to pursue growth
- Partner with other People & Culture team members to prepare for and onboard new employees into Aceable culture
- Continue to look for ways to improve our processes and support the larger People & Culture team
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- 2-3 years in a People & Culture or Office Management role
- Project management from beginning to end, creating and improving processes along the way
- Organizational skills; detail- and quality-oriented
- Ability to handle a fast-paced environment with multiple deadlines
- Impeccable time management
- Proactive and solutions-oriented nature and ability to predict and plan for potential obstacles
- Strong customer focus and desire to create delight
- Effective verbal and written communication
- Eagerness to learn and develop new skills
- Agility to handle daily requests/changes and the ability to prioritize and re-prioritize
- Enthusiasm, authenticity, and commitment to pitch in wherever needed
- Proficiency with Google and Microsoft products
- Join one of Austin's Best Places to Work in 2017 and 2018
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Generous paid time off
- Passionate, high-achieving teammates excited to help you succeed and learn
- Our own space on the top floor of a downtown building
- A team meal every week
- Fully stocked drink fridges and snacks + cold brew coffee on tap
- Company events & other activities (Holiday parties, Happy hours, quarterly volunteering)
- Transportation stipend
- Education stipend
At Aceable we celebrate and support all differences. Aceable is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital, disability, and veteran status.
Read Full Job Description