About LegalZoom We believe that everyone should have access to professional legal advice. So, we've built a trusted and accessible technology-based platform to reduce barriers and help empower millions of people to grow their business, care for their families, protect their ideas and more. From Estate Planning, to Business Formations to IP, we've helped millions of customers, providing the protection and peace of mind they need. To date, we've grown to become the leading provider of online legal solutions for families and small businesses, and we're committed to making our services even more valuable and easier to use than ever before. Join us!
OverviewAt LegalZoom, we simply do not believe that it should cost thousands of dollars to create a will, form a business, or apply for a trademark. So we started a movement to make legal help available to all.
The People Operations Generalist provides human resources consultation and guidance to assigned business unit managers and employees regarding performance management, employee relations, and interpretation and implementation of employment policies to ensure consistent application and compliance with all applicable policies. Additional duties include, but are not limited to, monitoring and engaging in activities related to onboarding, leaves of absences, accommodations, and HR data integrity and analysis. The People Operations Generalist acts as the 'customer-facing' business partner to the leadership team and employee population of the assigned client group(s).
- Collaborate with management teams to identify and successfully address employee relations issues including drafting performance plans, employee warnings and resolution plans
- Partner in the on-boarding process with management to ensure New Hire Orientation is complete and continuously improves the experience for new hires
- Provide coaching and counsel to people managers on employee matters
- Ensure proper maintenance of confidential employee information; HRIS data entry, maintenance, tracking new hire data and retention information
- Assist with internal investigations as necessary in response to employee complaints
- Assists with FMLA/ADA/LOA practices, tracking and documentation of activities related to federal and state laws and regulations governing human resources practices including but not limited to the Fair Labor Standards Act, Family and Medical Leave Act and Americans with Disabilities Act
- Coordinate with the payroll department to investigate and resolve payroll issues
- Remain updated on Human Resources trends and employment laws to ensure compliance with applicable local, state and federal regulations
- Cultivate a culture that emphasizes responsiveness, innovation, diversity and excellence
- Assist with department related education/training, communication and awareness efforts
- Support implementation and training for HR programs, policies, and initiatives
- Performs other duties as assigned
- At least 5+ years of progressive People Operations or Human Resources experience, preferred
- Bachelor's Degree, preferred
- Experience facilitating HR related trainings and partnering with people managers to resolve employee issues
- An engaging communication style with a knack for building relationships and the proven ability to build and maintain partnerships with management and employees at all levels
- Action-oriented mentality, with ability to operate successfully in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, handle adversity and frequent change, and balance workload and competing priorities
- A strong work ethic and ability to work independently, without daily direction
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook & PowerPoint
- The ability to learn and navigate a Human Resource Information System; knowledge of ADP data entry and reporting strongly preferred
- A customer-service focus and strong influencing skills, having strong experience dealing successfully with internal customers
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills with the ability to function in ambiguity
Join us in making a difference as we build our future and help ensure access to professional legal advice to all! LegalZoom is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to diversity.