People Operations Manager at Literati
Sorry, this job was removed at 2:08 p.m. (CST) on Monday, October 28, 2019
Based in the Bohemian Cowboy capital of the world, Austin, Texas, Literati is a new kind of bookseller. Our mission is simple: to make parents and children love reading together by building a community that sparkles with life, curiosity, and imagination. We have more investors than employees, so if you’re a team player, an expert with a beginner’s mind, a rainmaker, or have a hint of alchemy up your sleeve, then we definitely want to talk with you!
Literati is looking for a proactive self-starter who navigates ambiguity to champion and nurture our culture, values, and mission as our team and business scales.
What You'll Do...
- Effectively partner with business unit leaders to manage employee relations and provide guidance on complex employment matters
- Responsible for people data reporting and records management, administer the Company’s HRIS platform (currently Gusto)
- Work with the internal recruiting team to optimize our recruiting operations
- Manage onboarding, offboarding, benefits planning and administration
- Compliance and policy management
- Office management (e.g., facilities and event planning)
Who You Are...
- You’re up to date on compliance changes and industry best practices
- The well-being of our team is one of your top priorities and you continually monitor employee sentiment, spotting issues before they become problems and proactively suggesting ways to help everyone reach their full potential
- You are process-oriented, metrics-driven and have uncanny attention to detail
- Proven experience handling confidential and sensitive information with the ability to exercise discretion and show good judgment; honesty, integrity, and trust building behaviors in all dealings is essential and required
What You Need...
- You’re a People Operations professional with at least five years of experience, preferably at a high-growth company
- You have hands on expertise with payroll processing, benefits administration, HRIS, employee relations, terminations, compliance and policy creation in a high growth atmosphere
Literati is dedicated to cultivating and preserving a culture of inclusion and connectedness. We believe in the power of literature as a transformative form of technology that helps us see, and reflect upon, our common humanity. A great workplace should do the same—see, reflect, and celebrate the experiences, knowledge, innovation, self-expression, and talent of a diverse array of people. In recruiting for our team, we welcome the unique contributions that all potential candidates can bring in terms of their education, opinions, culture, ethnicity, race, gender identity and expression, nationality, age, languages spoken, veteran’s status, religion, neurological and physical ability, sexual orientation, and beliefs.
Read Full Job Description