ESO is seeking an experienced People Operations Manager who will help us scale and maintain our robust People infrastructure and People programs, processes, and tools. They will be responsible for developing and maintaining HR best practices and leading initiatives supporting benefits administration, HCMS, people analytics, and HR processes. The right person for this role is detail-obsessed, thoughtful, energetic, and creative, and thrives in a collaborative, rapidly evolving environment.
Reporting to the Director of People Experience & Operations, you will be part of our People team and be based in our Austin office.
What You’ll Be Doing - the day to day
You will collaborate across the organization to shape, implement, and scale people processes and practices that provide an exceptional experience for our employees across the entire employee lifecycle. You will apply your analytical skills, systems orientation, and data-driven approach to generate meaningful people analytics insights that will help inform people and organizational decisions and strategies. Leading with care, empathy, and enthusiasm you will partner across the broader People team to continue to deliver on our team charter and towards our company mission.
You can expect to:
· Benefits & compensation: own the administration and implementation of US benefits programs and provide high-touch service as the point of contact for employee questions and issue resolution. Partner with our brokerages and utilize market data, analysis and benchmarking to help build competitive and innovative benefits programs for our US employees. You will focus on the US and will collaborate with your counterpart in Northern Ireland on global benefits and compensation programs.
· Tools, processes and systems: be the superuser of our HR systems and know them inside and out. You’ll develop, document and implement processes along with applicable tools, forms and systems to drive operational efficiency without administrative burden for others.
· Data and analytics: design and create reports, dashboards and metrics to facilitate data driven decision making. Data tracking and reconciliation of HR worldwide budget. Assist in HR diligence, deliver exceptional transition experience for employees coming from acquired companies, and expand people best practices, including benchmarking with other companies, soliciting feedback and driving action to improve.
· Policies and compliance: work with our legal team to help craft and update practices and policies that comply with local, state and federal laws and regulations. Work with your counterpart in Northern Ireland to collaborate on matters related to international compliance and global policies. This will include maintaining our US employee handbook and drafting and updating individual policies. You will work with our immigration attorneys to manage and process work visas.
· People programs: partner with People team leadership to execute deliverables and implementation of programs; project management and tracking of people programs and initiatives.
Who You Are - the essentials
· 5+ years' experience in HR/People Operations
· 3-5 years benefits management experience with a fast-growing company
· Experience working with and optimizing HR platforms
· Comprehensive understanding of HR, Payroll, Administrative and Finance business processes, and how they impact HR system and processes
· Proven track record of implementing and scaling people processes, operations and systems
· Experience using advanced project management skills, both independently and collaboratively
· Advanced knowledge of HR compliance, employment laws, best practices and industry standards
· Advanced Microsoft skills (Excel, PowerPoint, and SharePoint in particular)
· Exceptional communication and collaboration skills and ability to handle sensitive matters with tact and diplomacy
· Impeccable judgment and a high level of professionalism when dealing with confidential and sensitive issues
· Meticulous attention to detail with a track record of accuracy and organization
· Self-starter who can navigate in complexity requiring minimal direction
Who You Are - the desirables (It’s a plus if you have):
· HR certifications, such as PHR/SPHR or SHRM-CP/SHRM-SCP
· Experience at a fast-paced, high growth technology company
Benefits & Perks
ESO offers a comprehensive suite of benefits to promote health and financial security for our employees and their families. For full-time employment you this includes:
- Competitive health plans (medical, dental, & vision insurance)
- PTO (starting at 20 days) & 12 company holidays
- 401(k) with company match
- Telemedicine service provided by ESO
- Savings accounts (FSA, HSA, DCA)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Annual health and wellness reimbursement
- Peace of mind benefits such as life insurance, disability insurance, and worksite benefits
- Paid parental leave, new child program, & flexible parental return-to-work options
- Casual office environments and unlimited office snacks and drinks
ESO is a fast-paced, growing data, technology, and research company passionate about improving community health and safety through the power of data. We pioneer innovative, user-friendly software to meet the changing needs of today’s EMS agencies, fire departments, and hospitals. We’re small enough to be nimble and fun, but big enough to be a great place to work. We serve thousands of customers out of our US offices and our Belfast, Northern Ireland office.
Are you ready to Make a Difference? At ESO, we believe in bringing your true self to work every single day. If you don’t match all the qualifications on the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway! We are looking for passionate, innovative, and authentic people to help drive our mission.
All offers are contingent upon a successful background check.
ESO is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We invite you to consider opportunities at ESO regardless of your gender; gender identity; gender reassignment; age; religion; race; national origin; political affiliation; sexual orientation; disability; veteran status; or other non-merit factor.
Read Full Job Description