RigUp is changing the way work is done in the energy industry. Each one of our teams exists to move us closer to our north star -- “to empower the people who power the world.” The People team at RigUp encompasses “all things people”. We have an amazing team built with People Partners, People Operations, Total Rewards, Talent Acquisition, People Development, Workplace Operations, and Administration functions. We work cohesively to build and maintain a high functioning and high performing team with a focus on promoting culture, growth, and efficiency.
We are currently building out our People Partner team! Our People Partners (also known as HRBPs) are true thought partners and advisors on all things people and culture to the businesses they support. In this role, you will oversee activities including workforce planning, system integrations, employee relations, and culture-building for our fast-growing teams. This role reports to the People Partner Manager.
It is important that you possess a highly analytical and commercial mindset, a strong operational focus, and a healthy dose of empathy to deliver impactful and people-centered HR solutions. It is equally important that you naturally default to making data-driven decisions to strategically advise the business you partner with. You will play an important role in shaping both the broader organization and the People team as we continue to grow quickly.
What you'll be doing:
- Influencing the business, delivering constructive advice, diagnosing and resolving problems and positively influencing change
- Collaborating with senior leaders and cross-functional Centers of Excellence to establish HR plans and solutions to achieve strategic business initiatives and deliver results
- Partnering with leaders at multiple levels and their teams to develop and execute People strategies and processes that drive business results
- Assessing the needs in areas such as employee relations, compensation, career development and leadership development and design/implement the appropriate solutions in these areas in partnership with the broader People organization
- Supporting the deployment of HR programs such as performance & rewards cycles, talent calibration, and engagement surveys
- Act as liaison between employees and leaders to answer questions or concerns regarding company policies, practices, and regulations
- Lead the communication and rollout of HR programs and projects
What you should have:
- 5+ years of work experience as an HRBP at fast-growing companies, supporting teams of 100+ employees
- The ability to influence change with Senior leaders and use sound judgment to form an objective opinion
- Expertise in HR rules, regulations, and processes across multiple states
- Experience working on strategic organizational issues and change management
- Experience using data to inform insights and decision-making
- The confidence to ask thought-provoking questions and give high-quality feedback
- Experience in navigating ambiguity and you’re motivated by it because of the opportunity to create and pave the way forward
- Deep expertise in communicating effectively; you know how to deliver a clear message and how to make others feed heard
- Experience designing and implementing a world-class employee experience
- Bonus points if you have experience supporting operations, finance and legal teams
- Flexible PTO policy
- 401k Program with 4% match
- Fully paid employee health insurance for employee
- Open office space in the heart of downtown Austin
RigUp is a technology company that's building a platform to better support the energy workforce. Through the industry’s largest marketplace, we’re improving the lives of contractors and helping service providers and operators find the people who will get the job done. Headquartered in Austin, TX, and backed by a16z, Founder’s Fund, Quantum Energy Partners, and Silicon Valley Bank, we’ve raised $423.8 Million in funding to support our mission to change the way work is done in the energy field.
Our goal is to make RigUp an environment where any and all people feel welcome, respected, and free to be their authentic selves. We welcome applicants of all gender identities, sexual orientation, educational background, religion, ethnicities, veteran status, and citizenships. We’d love to learn what you can add to our team!
Read Full Job Description