People Partner, Sales
The database market is massive (the IDC estimates it to be $98B+ by 2023!) and MongoDB is at the head of its disruption. The MongoDB community is transforming industries and empowering developers to build amazing apps that people use every day. We are the fastest-growing database on the planet, and the first database provider to IPO in over 20 years. Join our team and be at the forefront of innovation and creativity.
Due to massive growth in our fast-paced environment we’re looking for a People Partner (HRBP) to join our NYC HR team!
This provides a unique opportunity to be part of The People team focused on building a world class company and culture. We are the team responsible for making sure we have the right people in the right roles, with the skills and resources needed for success. Passionate about enabling great talent? Are you a builder looking to drive innovation and change? Good! So are we, continue reading!
In the People Partner role, you will partner and provide your HR expertise to employees and management across the company. The position is a critical role for our People Team in NYC and will report directly to the Senior HR Business Partner for North America Sales and Services.
- Business Partnering
- Partner with the leadership team to conceive, create and execute people initiatives that drive business results and employee development in a highly dynamic and rapidly growing business environment.
- Apply HR expertise and understanding of MongoDB’s business to deliver strategic input in areas such as employee engagement, career development, performance management and employee relations.
- Meet regularly and proactively with department managers and provide HR guidance to them on topics such as: compensation, organizational change, retention, compliance with local employment law, engagement, development, etc.
- Global Initiatives
- Partner with global People team to roll out all key people processes (check-ins, compensation reviews, benefits, development programs, HR Operations)
- Continuously develop and nurture a great culture focused on our core values
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance. Partner with legal as needed/required.
- Implement and maintain policies and procedures that ensure the company remains fully compliant with changes to employment law (Internationally) and for ensuring that these practices are implemented consistently.
- Support the seamless service to employees Internationally on all operational elements e.g. Benefits, payroll, onboarding
- Background & Experience
- 5+ years of relevant HR experience as a Business Partner, HR Sr Generalist or HR Manager ideally in the fast-paced technology industry, start-up experience a PLUS
- Focused on continuous personal development
- Consistently strives to drive improvements within the company’s culture and with People practices / processes
- Ability to work with, and influence, a diverse cross section of the organization
- Act as a key change agent to initiate, facilitate and manage changes through effective planning, communication and coaching.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and guide People team members as needed, and navigate through change while staying focused on resolving critical items.
- Self-motivated and assertive - ability to hunt down answers and drive solutions autonomously
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Flexible for periodic travel