At Cloudflare, we have our eyes set on an ambitious goal: to help build a better Internet. Today the company runs one of the world’s largest networks that powers approximately 25 million Internet properties, for customers ranging from individual bloggers to SMBs to Fortune 500 companies Cloudflare protects and accelerates any Internet application online without adding hardware, installing software, or changing a line of code. Internet properties powered by Cloudflare have all web traffic routed through its intelligent global network, which gets smarter with every request. As a result, they see significant improvement in performance and a decrease in spam and other attacks. Cloudflare was named to Entrepreneur Magazine’s Top Company Cultures list and ranked among the World’s Most Innovative Companies by Fast Company.
We realize people do not fit into neat boxes. We are looking for curious and empathetic individuals who are committed to developing themselves and learning new skills, and we are ready to help you do that. We cannot complete our mission without building a diverse and inclusive team. We hire the best people based on an evaluation of their potential and support them throughout their time at Cloudflare. Come join us!
What You Will Do:
The People team at Cloudflare is growing. We want to find the best people to join our team and then help you to do your best work. As we continue to build our Business Partner team, we are looking for a People Team Advisor who is naturally curious about what we do and driven to help our people thrive. In this role, you will report to the Head of People Team Business Partners-Americas and support our Americas Business Partner team. You will be working closely with the team and partnering with key stakeholders across Cloudflare through activities including those listed below:
- Serve as the first point of contact for a broad range of policy and process questions for all employees and managers, acting as liaison with Centers of Expertise.
- Provide proactive advice and guidance to employees and managers on a range of complex and sensitive employee relations issues. Respond to queries and address issues that arise, including helping to resolve conflict, conduct investigations, advise on performance management, internal mobility, etc. Drive outcomes that are aligned with our commitment to do the right thing.
- Conduct all Americas Exit Interviews and provide quarterly, aggregated information on themes and trends, including recommendations on programs and changes to address these themes.
- Monitor, review and update all People Team policies and partner with Legal to ensure these are up to date and compliant with current legislation.
- Act as liaison between Business Partners and other cross-functional stakeholders to identify, research and resolve issues.
- Advise employees on their entitlements, if applicable, and keep them informed of any changes.
You will act with integrity and transparency in everything that you do, maintaining open lines of communication. You will serve in a partner role on a broad range of issues, supporting the inevitable changes that our rate of growth entails, including advise and coaching, employee experience, engagement, performance, policy and program development.
We passionately believe in leadership at all levels, and our fast growth has created a special opportunity to really stretch our team members to acquire new skills and grow on the job. On our Business Partner team we strongly believe that much of the work is dictated by you identifying opportunities for programs and projects beyond your day-to-day role. This is absolutely the case for this role - you will have the opportunity to build your consultative and business partnering skills, if you decide to pursue that path. You will help us become more efficient through creating better self-service resources for all employees and you will spend time with our people to help implement programs that are responsive to their needs, echo our values and will scale as we continue to grow globally.
Who You Are:
- Motivated by cultivating company culture, building great businesses and helping people do their best work, you have been part of a People/HR team with at least 3 years of experience dealing with policies, programs and employee relations.
- You have an entrepreneurial spirit and are always looking for ways to innovate.
- You are motivated by making things easier and clearer for people to do their best work - your greatest sense of accomplishment is in watching others thrive.
- You have a demonstrated history of building relationships and credibility across all levels of an organization.
- You operate independently and present solutions to problems.
- You are generous with your time with all of our people and earn and maintain their trust. Your priority in this role will be to make it easy for all our employees to do their best work.
- You have a deep curiosity about our business and want to learn, stretch and grow. Uncompromising when it comes to your integrity, you speak truth, act with respect and lead with empathy.
- You are a skillful communicator, both in your verbal communications in small and large groups, and in your written communications internally and externally. Yet your favorite way to communicate, especially when the message may be difficult to receive, is face-to-face (even virtually).
- While you love working with people...you maybe secretly love working with spreadsheets too.
What Makes Cloudflare Special?
We’re not just a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company. We’re a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company with a soul. Fundamental to our mission to help build a better Internet is protecting the free and open Internet.
Project Galileo: We equip politically and artistically important organizations and journalists with powerful tools to defend themselves against attacks that would otherwise censor their work, technology already used by Cloudflare’s enterprise customers--at no cost.
Athenian Project: We created Athenian Project to ensure that state and local governments have the highest level of protection and reliability for free, so that their constituents have access to election information and voter registration.
Path Forward Partnership: Since 2016, we have partnered with Path Forward, a nonprofit organization, to create 16-week positions for mid-career professionals who want to get back to the workplace after taking time off to care for a child, parent, or loved one.
22.214.171.124: We released 126.96.36.199 to help fix the foundation of the Internet by building a faster, more secure and privacy-centric public DNS resolver. This is available publicly for everyone to use - it is the first consumer-focused service Cloudflare has ever released. Here’s the deal - we don’t store client IP addresses never, ever. We will continue to abide by our privacy commitment and ensure that no user data is sold to advertisers or used to target consumers.
Sound like something you’d like to be a part of? We’d love to hear from you!
This position may require access to information protected under U.S. export control laws, including the U.S. Export Administration Regulations. Please note that any offer of employment may be conditioned on your authorization to receive software or technology controlled under these U.S. export laws without sponsorship for an export license.
Cloudflare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all people and place great value in both diversity and inclusiveness. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to their, or any other person's, perceived or actual race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, or any other basis protected by law. We are an AA/Veterans/Disabled Employer.
Cloudflare provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job. Examples of reasonable accommodations include, but are not limited to, changing the application process, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job, please contact us via e-mail at [email protected] or via mail at 101 Townsend St. San Francisco, CA 94107.