The Practice Administrator will work across a functional consulting practice across a host of activities. You will work closely with the Practice Leader and their teams to ensure that the practice runs smoothly and efficiently. This may include coordinating practice offsite meetings, providing support to new hire onboarding or recruiting activities, researching potential partnerships for the practice, or creating reports on practice priorities to share with Vista leadership.
This role will also support the Practice Leader as their Executive Assistant, responsible for providing high-level, administrative support including, but not limited to, managing their schedule, meetings and travel. This position requires that you are highly organized, can juggle many tasks at once, are not easily overwhelmed, and are comfortable interfacing with all levels of internal management and staff as well as outside clients, vendors and candidates in a fast-paced environment.
The Practice Administrator works across a range of detailed, urgent projects, maintains and protects highly confidential corporate information, is the first point of contact in person and on calls for executives from internal departments and external clients, and works independently with minimal supervision or direction.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Practice Administration:
- No two days may be alike with this role, but the following lists some of the essential and representative duties of the role
- Own logistics and agenda development for regular practice meetings and team initiatives
- Focus on process and practice improvement initiatives, including updating best practice documentation, project staffing, or utilization reporting for practice
- Organize practice documentation and ensure all team members have up to date materials and knowledge
- Work with HR and recruiting to coordinate candidate travel, assist with onboarding new team members, scheduling onboarding
- Coordinate attendance and participation at internal or industry-wide events ensuring correct representation
- Executive Assistant coverage:
- Manage and coordinate schedule of meetings, events, and travel for Practice Leader (Executive) supported.
- Ensure supported executives are prepared with all materials and information for meeting, events, and travel.
- Prepare expense reports, compile materials for reports and/or presentations as necessary.
Skills & Requirements
- Minimum 3 years' proven experience either in an office management or executive assistant capacity, including supporting multiple senior level executives ideally within a consulting, private equity, investment banking, law firm or professional services organization.
- Minimum overall 5 years' experience in a position within a fast-paced professional environment.
- Strong attention to detail, follow-up and excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to treat sensitive/confidential information with appropriate discretion.
- Strong sense of urgency, adaptability, flexibility and resourcefulness.
- The ability to function professionally under pressure, while managing multiple concurrent projects and deadlines.
- Proven competencies in software applications and programs, particularly Microsoft Office, including Excel, Word, Power Point, and Outlook. Excellent word processing and file management skills.
- Must possess personal tact, discretion and good judgment. Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills. Acts with integrity in all situations.
- Occasional after hours work is necessary. Standard hours 8-5.
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
Vista Equity Partners is a U.S.-based investment firm with offices in Austin, Chicago, New York City, Oakland, and San Francisco with more than $46 billion in cumulative capital commitments. Vista exclusively invests in software, data, and technology-enabled organizations led by world-class management teams. As a value-added investor with a long-term perspective, Vista contributes professional expertise and multi-level support towards companies to realize their full potential. Vista's investment approach is anchored by a sizable long-term capital base, experience in structuring technology-oriented transactions, and proven management techniques that yield flexibility and opportunity.
Vista Consulting Group
Vista Consulting Group is the operating and consulting partner of Vista Equity Partners. The VCG team works in conjunction with the Vista investment professionals and key portfolio company employees to help current and newly-acquired businesses strengthen their operations through the implementation of standardized, repeatable and proven processes and methodologies.