Recruiter (Contract) at Hippo Insurance
Role: Recruiter (6 Month Contract)
Location: Austin, TX
Reports To: Senior Recruiter
Hippo is modernizing the $100B home insurance industry by putting customers at the center of everything we do, from the coverage we offer to the customer service we provide. Hippo’s true ambition lies in helping people protect their homes to begin with by leveraging technology and data to help find small issues before they become big headaches. Because, at the end of the day, the best home insurance policy is the one you never have to use.
We’re looking for the very best talent in the world to help us continue to find new ways of fundamentally redefining the role insurance plays in people’s lives.
We’re seeking an amazing Contract Recruiter to help significantly scale our Austin team.
About This Role
In this critical and highly visible role, you’ll be responsible for sourcing, driving candidate pipeline, branding Hippo as the employer of choice, and guiding candidates through our interview process. This is a 6 month contract position.
You thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative, agile, and fun environment and can execute and deliver. You have a strong track record recruiting and love bringing in great talent (a plus if you have experience in the insurance industry.
- Recruit a range of candidates in limited talent pools by direct sourcing via multiple tools like Indeed, LinkedIn etc.
- Engage and partner with the Senior Recruiter in order to understand talent needs
- Source and screen licensed insurance professionals
- Maintain knowledge of top competitors and the industry
- Conduct initial phone screens and qualify candidates for in person interviews
- 3-5 years’ experience in recruiting
- The ability to work effectively in high pressure situations and come up with a creative way of hitting targets
- Familiarity with Greenhouse, LinkedIn, referral programs, etc.
- Self-motivated and directed; ability to collaborate is a must, but you will be autonomous and expected to succeed without heavy direction
- Strong intellectual curiosity and a desire to understand the business
- Flexible and willing to do what is needed to get great work done
- A natural inclination to work within a culture that is fast-paced and dynamic
- Ability to combine business acumen with strong influencing skills to advise and coach hiring partners
- Background in recruiting, sourcing, and/or HR required
- Bachelor’s degree required
Hippo is an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to building a team culture that celebrates diversity and inclusion.
Hippo’s applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to an applicant’s disability or need for accommodation. Any Hippo applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Hippo’s People Team to make the need for an accommodation known.