We are seeking a dynamic People Manager to lead our North American full cycle Recruiters, Sourcers, and contract partners as they help scale our fast-growing Customer Support organization.
In this role, you will lead and champion a team of individual contributors responsible for hiring critical roles across our Customer Support organization, including both high volume pipelines (like Support Engineers) as well as more nuanced leadership and Operations roles. You will be responsible for implementing scalable, innovative Recruiting and Sourcing strategies, nurturing the growth of your team members, and generally motivating the North American CSS Recruitment pod to be a healthy, engaged, and high-performing team!
On day one, you will:
- Lead a team of experienced recruiting professionals across both Recruitment and Sourcing functions. As a strong coach, you're an effective listener, troubleshooter, and facilitator, and use your experience and situational awareness to support your team in their individual development paths.
- Prioritize balance and belonging. You are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive environment, whether for your own team or in helping organizations at Atlassian grow. You are a champion of inclusive practices and embrace building diverse pipelines as a fundamental practice of great recruitment.
- Bring a focus on data. You're excited by the role data can play in improving recruiting outcomes, individual performance, and processes. Your experience will help you and your team craft the best approach to working with our partners and building our candidate pipelines.
- Set clear goals. You're comfortable with being assessed on the efficiency of your team and drive collective accountability for the team's success as well as the way they achieve it.
- Partner effectively. You will work closely with cross-functional stakeholders as well as key business leaders to ensure positive, optimized partnerships between hiring teams and the Talent Acquisition org. You'll be naturally curious and inquisitive, seeking to understand the what and the why; you're not afraid to ask if what we do today is the right way to approach tomorrow. You harness empathy and a collaborative style in order to build healthy and productive business relationships.
- Care. You'll share our values and exhibit them in your actions and communication with colleagues and candidates. You'll want everyone you interact with to leave with an enhanced opinion of Atlassian and the TA organization.
On your first day, we'll expect you to have:
- Experience leading or managing a team of Recruiters.
- Dedication to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion with a passion to advocate for more inclusive approaches to hiring
- Proven track record of leading successful teams who exceeded hiring goals while forming successful relationships with hiring partners in a constantly evolving environment
- Command of metrics including pipeline data, hiring forecasts, and recruiting capacity
- High aptitude for coaching, mentoring and developing talent
- Collaboration skills with the ability to influence at all levels of the organization
- A deep understanding of sourcing technology, market trends, and talent strategy
It's great if you have:
- Experience managing a team of Sourcers and/or scaling up RPO or Contractor support as needed
- Familiarity with our relevant tools and programs (e.g Lever, Entelo, Beamery, etc.)
- Experience leading and building distributed teams
More about the team:
On the Atlassian Talent Acquisition team, we use a collaborative, data-driven approach to hiring, building strategic initiatives, and ultimately help leadership hire the right people, at the right time. Our mission is to establish Talent Acquisition as a strategic competitive advantage for the Atlassian brand overall. We leverage technology, data, and innovative branding techniques to help propel our global brand to that of a leading employer in the technology space. We're all about predictability, reliability, and transparency.
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who's who of tech is why we're here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned-collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we're looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we're committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team .
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
If your experience looks a little different from what we've identified and you think you can rock the role, we'd love to learn more about you.
Learn more about Atlassian's culture, interviewing flow, and hiring process by checking out our Candidate Resource Hub .