- Involved in developing, modifying, and executing client-focused TMS strategies with potential impact company-wide.
- Directs and oversees global, broad-based, and carefully integrated client-focused TMS projects.
- Provides advice and counsel to client leadership on the full range of TMS / Human Resources concerns and issues.
- Engages with TMS departmental leadership to ensure TMS services are adapted, applied, and delivered in a manner that supports current and anticipated client business objectives.
- Directs cross-organizational efforts to identify and resolve systemic issues related to regulatory and corporate compliance.
- Influences global Business Partner’s strategic planning, ensuring integration and alignment of TMS functions, initiatives, and processes.
- Responsible for identifying, selecting, and negotiating with vendors / suppliers as required.
- Partners with legal and supports sensitive Team Member investigations.
- Partners across TMS and business leadership to support business restructuring initiatives.
- Identifies future needs and skill gaps within TMS as well as for supported organization(s); works with TMS and supported business leaders to develop talent management plans and address identified needs.
- Possesses comprehensive knowledge of TMS’ programs and processes, including Compensation, Benefits, Recruiting, Learning & Development, and HRIS.
- Possesses comprehensive knowledge of retail food industry‘s Human Resources objectives, challenges, and requirements.
- Engages with other leaders to design, maintain, and champion the mission, vision, and strategy of the organization.
- Defines, develops, and implements initiatives to enhance Business Partner’s programs and processes.
- Participates in the design and execution of succession, replacement, and individual / team development processes.
- Develops deep, credible relationships with senior-level executives, both inside and outside current areas of responsibility.
- Engages with senior-level stakeholders to define, clarify and resolve issues related to Business Partner’s objectives, processes and outcomes.
- Engages with other leaders to formulate the organization’s long-term strategic direction.
- Defines strategies and approaches to empower and equip leaders to be effective in their interactions with internal and external stakeholders.
- Identifies gaps in strategic understanding, formulates resolution recommendations and delivers clear and compelling communication.
- Shifts comfortably between big picture strategic thinking and the tactics required to achieve outcomes.
- Plans, estimates, staffs, organizes and monitors critical projects and activities.
- Identifies risks and vulnerabilities; creates contingency plans.
- Conducts regular and ad-hoc reviews with team, stakeholders, partners and customers.
- Oversees and advises other leaders on task- and project-related issues and assists with overcoming barriers.
- Demonstrates nuanced understanding of the WFM business, retail food industry, and the business models of key strategic partners and competitors.
- Able to assess how key functions, processes, and operating models impact business and financial performance delivering recommendations on how to optimize them.
Education & Experience:
- BA/BS degree and 10+ years’ relevant experience OR equivalent combination of education and relevant experience.
- Graduate degree preferred.
- 6-8 years’ leadership experience.
- General weekday business hours schedule with availability on nights and weekends for occasional travel and urgent issues
At Whole Foods Market, we provide a fair and equal employment opportunity for all Team Members and candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, marital status, disability, or any other legally protected characteristic. Whole Foods Market hires and promotes individuals solely based on qualifications for the position to be filled and business needs.