Buying a home should be an exciting milestone. But all too often, it’s stressful, especially in a competitive market or when you’re buying and selling at the same time. So we’re redesigning the home-buying experience. We’re a fast-paced real estate startup that empowers agents to help homebuyers buy with cash. We buy homes on behalf of our partners’ clients with our cash, then the client buys the home back from us.
Founder and CEO Tim Heyl, a 10-year industry veteran and owner of one of the fastest-growing agent teams in the country, started Homeward in 2018. In fact, he bought our first customer’s home with his own life savings. Today we offer two services — Buy with cash and Buy before you sell.
We’ve raised more than $160MM in equity capital from top-tier venture investors, including Norwest, Blackstone Alternative Asset Management, Adams Street, Javelin, and LiveOak. Our leadership team includes experts from the real estate, mortgage, and technology industries.
About the opportunity
We're seeking an experienced Sales Recruiter to partner with our CRO and Sales Leaders to continue scaling our business. People are our greatest asset, which is why our Talent Team is passionate about finding and investing in the highest-quality, most-qualified humans for every role within our organization. We work to deliver an incredible candidate experience at each stage of the conversation by lending genuine insight into our culture, mission, and challenges. This role reports directly to our Head of Talent
This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
Responsibilities will include:
- Ensure a continuous, robust pipeline, including sourcing passive candidates through networking, internet searches, and research.
- Own the interview process from prospect to interview to close.
- Responsible for maintaining all of your scheduling and owning the candidate experience
- Partner with the hiring managers throughout the interview process to develop job descriptions, calibrating through a rubric, and sharing candidate and market trends.
- Maintain all applicant communications, interview notes, and process flow in the company applicant tracking system (Greenhouse preferred).
- Support additional Talent activities and projects as needed.
- 3+ years of full-cycle recruiting experience in a fast-paced environment with a growing company
- Proven success recruiting for a variety of Sales. Revenue, and Growth roles
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and an eye for attention to detail
- Excellent customer service and relationship management with a high level of professionalism
- System savvy: Google Suite, strong ATS knowledge (preferably Greenhouse), Microsoft Office, plus you love to keep up to date with the latest sourcing tools
- Team player & collaborative approach to work
- Eagerness to learn and contribute
- Trustworthy with sensitive, confidential information
THE GOLDEN RULE
Whether we’re dealing with colleagues or customers, we follow The Golden Rule, treating others the way we want to be treated. It’s a simple rule, but it’s also significant: we don’t prioritize money or growth over people, and we practice empathy at every opportunity.
We work in tech and build solutions for real estate. Both are fast-paced and stressful industries. So it’s important that we focus on the larger objective rather than rushing from one task to the next. If something is out of scope, we say “No.” If something feels rushed, we pump the brakes. This calm focus helps us create solutions our customers love.
ONE TEAM, ONE DREAM
Big problems require big solutions. We look at our customers’ experience holistically, and recognize that solving them requires collaboration across teams. This approach extends to cooperation among our three affiliate companies — Homeward, Homeward Mortgage and Homeward Title — and produces a more integrated homebuying experience.