Senior Director, Learning and Development at AlertMedia
As the Senior Director, Learning & Development, you will drive programs to accelerate the growth and development of AlertMedia’s most valuable resource – our people. You will work with senior leaders to understand the needs of the business and translate that into a strategy and execution plan to enable both business and employee success. You will develop a holistic strategy, including classroom, virtual, and on the job learning engagements. The focus every day will be to create a learning culture across the company.
As one of the most exciting start-up companies in Austin, we’re focused on finding the best talent and building the best team to continue accelerating our rapid growth.
Who you are:
You are passionate about learning and encouraging others to succeed. You think strategically and put that strategy into an operational plan that you and others can execute on, you are self-motivated and highly engaging with your peers and team and you thrive in a fast-paced environment. You’re great at explaining things in a clear, concise, and engaging manner, and you have a roll-up-your-sleeves approach with a willingness to support the team and business.
Who we are:
AlertMedia is leading the evolution of employee safety for a modern workforce. We offer the most intuitive emergency communication software on the market with fully integrated threat warnings and employee safety monitoring. We believe any organization can improve safety and business outcomes during critical events by quickly identifying threats and simplifying fast, reliable communication to impacted audiences. We are headquartered in Austin, TX, and trusted by thousands of customers in over 100 countries—including DHL, British Petroleum, SurveyMonkey, and Walmart—to keep their people safe and connected anytime, anywhere.
We are an equal opportunity employer focused on creating a collaborative and exciting place for all to work. Ensuring a diverse, inclusive, and equitable workplace for all people is key to our success and core to our values.
Come join us in our mission to save lives and minimize loss through effective communication.
This is an amazing opportunity to be part of our wave of momentum and take our company, and your career, to the next growth stage. We'd love to get to know you better and share how we serve our amazing customers. For more information, please visit www.alertmedia.com.
What you will do:
- Create cohesive multi-year L&D strategy for AlertMedia, leveraging input from Executive Leadership Team, focused on driving business results and employee development
- Clearly identify learning priorities that will support the business strategy and the design of relevant, effective, and efficient learning tools, academies, and programs to build current and future capabilities
- Develop and deploy highly visible learning programs that improve leaders’ and managers’ abilities to build high-performing teams and drive organizational performance.
- Development of our Early Career Program offerings
- Drive engagement and development at all levels of the organization and foster an environment of continuous learning to encourage career growth and succession readiness.
- Grow and develop capabilities of L&D team, invest time in their success
- 10+ Years’ experience in learning & development, preferably at a SaaS technology company
- Experience owning or overseeing an effective and ongoing sales training program from entry level to enterprise
- Forward-thinking, results focused, that will make sure decisions are made and followed through
- Determined and resilient, yet with a will to ask and understand - you drive things forward, overcome setbacks, and make sure decisions are made and followed through
- Comfortable building rapport, negotiating, and setting expectations with stakeholders, including those at the executive level
- Data driven - You are data and tech savvy and an expert in relevant success metrics across the L&D agenda
- Comfortable working with uncertainty, rolling with changes, and cutting through complexity; can-do attitude and creative problem solver
- A great teammate - You actively contribute to a positive environment, and you live & breathe our values
- A highly effective relationship builder, with proven success in managing the interests and demands of multiple partners
- Comfortable handling many diverse projects simultaneously
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Position is open for remote location except for in the following states: Alaska, Colorado, Louisiana, Mississippi, Montana, North Dakota, Oregon, Rhode Island, Washington, West Virginia, US territories
- This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship
Great To Have:
- MBA or Master of Science in Training and Development, Human Resources Development, Education, Organizational Psychology/Development or similar preferred
What we offer:
- Base salary + Company-Wide Bonus program
- Competitive PTO + holidays to enjoy balance
- Health benefits - Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance 100% paid for employees
- Amazing rewards and incentives
- An exciting and positive work environment
- Commitment to community service with opportunities to give back
- A Best Places to Work company 5 years in a row
AlertMedia is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
AlertMedia does not currently sponsor applicants for work visas.