The database market is massive (the IDC estimates it to be $119B+ by 2025!) and MongoDB is at the head of its disruption. The MongoDB community is transforming industries and empowering developers to build amazing apps that people use every day. We are the leading modern data platform and the first database provider to IPO in over 20 years. Join our team and be at the forefront of innovation and creativity.Role Overview
We are looking for a Senior Director of Global Talent Acquisition to develop and manage the Customer Engineering talent acquisition program. The Senior Director, Global Talent Acquisition is a critical and highly visible role in one of the fastest growing enterprise software companies in the world, where recruiting is a top priority of the company. This role will report to the VP of Global Talent Acquisition.
As the head of Customer Engineering recruiting, you will coach and train a global recruiting team on best practices as talent advisors, while building influential relationships with Pre-Sales and business leaders, and have overall hiring responsibility across all of Customer Engineering and Technical Services hiring.Responsibilities
- Develop a global recruiting team that is quick to respond to the ever-changing priorities of our Customer Engineering organization, while adapting and applying new and innovative approaches to acquiring talent
- You will coach, mentor, and manage a team while increasing our recruiting capabilities.
- You’ll also monitor and manage the recruiting workflows and provide direction for prioritizing hiring and service levels while exceeding the needs of our Customer Engineering organization
- Collaborate and communicate with VP of Talent Acquisition to tailor recruiting strategies based on productivity and success metrics to identify and attract high caliber, diverse candidates
- Function as subject matter expert on recruiting activities and maintain up to date knowledge of recruiting issues, trends, and employment law
- Manage the selection process; participate in the interview process and increase the adoption of new and innovative recruiting procedures and techniques
- Strong experience collaborating and consulting with business and Customer Engineering leaders on both strategic and tactical recruiting plans
- A minimum of 12 years of recruiting experience in an agency or corporate environment ideally in a software company or top-tier search firm
- A minimum of 7 years of people team leadership experience
- Quarterly travel to HQ in NYC
- Strong communications skills and the ability to effectively interact with internal business partners at all levels of the organization
- Highly collaborative, organized and strong attention to detail
- Ability to effectively manage and communicate competing priorities
- Advanced knowledge of the industry and vertical sourcing strategies and tools
- Work closely with senior leadership comfortably
This role can be based out of our New York City, San Francisco, Austin office or remotely in the US.
If you are a passionate talent acquisition leader and you focus on delivering best-in-class technical recruiting results, you thrive in a fast-paced environment, you have a proven track record of acquiring the best technical talent, and are comfortable being in a very visible role with a high level of accountability, let’s talk.
To drive the personal growth and business impact of our employees, we’re committed to developing a supportive and enriching culture for everyone. From employee affinity groups, to fertility assistance and a generous parental leave policy, we value our employees’ wellbeing and want to support them along every step of their professional and personal journeys. Learn more about what it’s like to work at MongoDB, and help us make an impact on the world!
MongoDB is committed to providing any necessary accommodations for individuals with disabilities within our application and interview process. To request an accommodation due to a disability, please inform your recruiter.
MongoDB, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and makes all hiring decisions without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.