Senior HR Business Partner – Austin, TX
Amherst is revolutionizing the way U.S. real estate is priced, managed and financed in order to unlock opportunities for all market participants through holdings in asset management, investment banking, loan origination, and single family residential. We sponsor and develop companies that help institutional investors underwrite and manage their U.S. real estate investments. Driven by data, analytics and technology, Amherst has a 20-year history of anticipating where the next risks and opportunities are likely to emerge and designing actionable strategies for investors to capitalize on opportunities across residential real estate, commercial real estate and public securities. Together with our affiliates and subsidiaries, Amherst has 1,000 employees, $5 billion under management and approximately $15 billion under advisement and oversight. www.amherst.com.
We seek a talented and resourceful Senior HR Business Partner to play a key role in defining people's strategy and building an agile, scalable HR infrastructure for a division of our highly successful, rapidly growing Amherst Residential (“AmRes”) business. Clients will include Acquisitions, Construction, Design, Brokerage, and Property Management.
You will partner with the leadership team to align business and HR strategies in support of short and long-term objectives and ensure a world-class employee experience. Reporting into the Amherst Head of Human Capital, you will develop programs, provide insight and develop trusted relationships with AmRes leaders, managers and employees to attract, develop, reward, retain and inspire the best talent for the firm. This is a unique opportunity to have fun and continue your own career development by turning your ideas into actions that have real business impact.
- Build credibility as a true partner and trusted advisor by quickly becoming well versed in AmRes’s retail and institutional business operations and provide exceptional service to contribute to achievement of their goals.
- Collaborate with the Head of Human Capital and the HR Talent and Operations CoE’s on HR strategy, to create and implement initiatives and programs that provide leverage to the business and align with Amherst’s mission and ethos.
- Drive and facilitate a positive, employee centric culture. Ensure company values and branding are incorporated into org. change and business improvement initiatives.
- Strategize with managers and talent acquisition on workforce planning and hiring. Provide expertise and coaching to managers on leadership and personal development.
- Partner with the Learning & Growth team to drive talent development and retention through talent and tool assessment, coaching, succession and career planning.
- Partner with the Rewards team to ensure pay practices are both market competitive and effectively reward for performance.
- Use metrics and analytics to make the business case for people initiatives.
- Provide guidance to the business on HR policy and practice.
- Be flexible in your approach to business needs and demonstrate the ability to define and implement creative solutions to complex issues.
- Assist us to remain in compliance with applicable employment related laws and regulations. Conduct thorough, objective investigations & recommend remediation strategies.
- Manage and develop a small team of HR Business Partners.
Expertise and Capabilities:
- Min 8 years relevant HR experience. Tenure and career progression within a complex, global organization and PHR and/or SHRM-CP certification(s) preferred.
- Prefer experience working with construction and property management, or similar service oriented industries with field service personnel.
- Strong business acumen and proven record working with & coaching diverse stakeholders and translating complex information across functions.
- Working knowledge of multiple HR disciplines including engagement and inclusion, performance & talent management, organizational design, compensation, and the HR regulatory environment.
- Track record of effectively handling complex employee relations issues, and addressing sensitive information and difficult situations with tact, discretion and confidentiality.
- Strong project/program management experience with ability to manage complex projects with multiple stakeholders & competing agendas in a changing a fast-paced environment.
- Self-directed and able to balance demand and capacity. Effective working both independently and in a team.
- Leadership and teambuilding skills
- Effective problem solver, resourceful in finding solutions.
- Excellent interpersonal skills including strong communication, collaboration and influencing.
- Tech savvy with experience in using HRIS systems.
What's in it for you?
- A culture built on Integrity
- A company with a Start-Up mindset and underlying stability allowing us to invest in people
- A client group who value HR
- Collaborative team environment and the tools needed to be successful in your job
- Tailored onboarding experience (we want you to succeed in your new role)
- Medical, Dental, and Vision (Pick the plan that works best for you and the family)
- 401K with employer match (We just keep on giving)
- Employee referral program (Get paid for referring your friends)
A few other things you should know
- This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Some travel is anticipated for this position
- At Amherst, we know that our people are the foundation of our success. Come join our family is you’re prepared to work hard, are passionate about the people experience and want to be part of a great team!
Amherst is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information or veteran status, and encourage all applicants to apply.