Senior HR Manager at MongoDB
The database market is massive (the IDC estimates it to be $119B+ by 2025!) and MongoDB is at the head of its disruption. The MongoDB community is transforming industries and empowering developers to build amazing apps that people use every day. We are the leading modern data platform and the first database provider to IPO in over 20 years. Join our team and be at the forefront of innovation and creativity.
As we grow we have added this new role to the North American Employee Experience team providing a unique opportunity to be part of a People team who is working to build and scale a world class company. We are the team responsible for making sure we have the right people in the right roles, with the skills and resources needed for success. If you are passionate and driven about enabling great talent, contributing to an innovative and diverse culture and are focused on being the best you can be, then this could be the right People team and role for you!
In the Employee Experience role, you will partner and provide your North American HR expertise to HRBPs and managers across the company in the areas of employment law/risk and HR process management, while supporting organizational structure and expansion.
The position is a critical role for our People Team and will be based in our New York Office.North America Employee Experience
- Partner with the HR leadership team and key business stakeholders to conceive, create and implement scalable HR processes and compliance programs that make MongoDB a better place to work in a high growth environment
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of legal employment requirements for North America, including the US, Canada and Mexico
- Provide effective and expert advice on employment matters, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance
- Participate or lead regular compliance audits including employment documentation, FLSA designations/manager training, systems/process approvals in partnership with HRIS and legal
- Manage day-to-day support for employees, support managers, implement and maintain new policies and procedures to ensure they are applied consistently and support escalations effectively when they occur
- Manage Employee Relations cases and procedures across the region, including complex investigations or disciplinary procedures and documentation
- Partner with the global Employee Experience team to roll out all key programs, HR processes & regionally compliant policies (benefits, development programs, HR process management) for managers who live in other regions
- 12+ years of progressive HR experience including as an HR Generalist (or depth in another area of HR) and HR Management, ideally in a rapid growth technology business
- Working knowledge of US & Canadian employment law and regulations is required, with Mexican employment law knowledge an advantage
- Ability to work with, and influence, a diverse cross section of decision makers
- Act as a key change agent to initiate, facilitate and manage changes through effective planning, communication and coaching
- Ability to multitask, prioritize and guide People team members as needed, and navigate through change while staying focused on resolving critical items
- Self-motivated and assertive - ability to hunt down answers and drive solutions autonomously
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
To drive the personal growth and business impact of our employees, we’re committed to developing a supportive and enriching culture for everyone. From employee affinity groups, to fertility assistance and a generous parental leave policy, we value our employees’ wellbeing and want to support them along every step of their professional and personal journeys. Learn more about what it’s like to work at MongoDB, and help us make an impact on the world!
MongoDB is committed to providing any necessary accommodations for individuals with disabilities within our application and interview process. To request an accommodation due to a disability, please inform your recruiter.
MongoDB, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and makes all hiring decisions without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.