Senior HRIS Manager at A Cloud Guru
PEOPLE OPS CHAMPION | HRIS EXPERT | INFLUENCER
The Senior HRIS Manager leads a team who supports enterprise applications in Human Capital Management. This person will be well versed in systems to support Employee Data Management, Time Management, Benefits Management, Talent and Performance Management, Compensation Management and be able to make recommendations to the business.Hello, we're A Cloud Guru
Our friends call us ACG.
We're on a mission to teach the WORLD to cloud. A Cloud Guru is the largest online cloud school on the planet. Our training feels more like logging into Netflix or Spotify - it's entertaining and playful. The people are the #1 reason employees say they stay at ACG. We’re a quirky, tight-knit crew that cares about our customers and each other. No egos here. Our leaders encourage thoughtfulness, compassion, being humble, and we have a bit of fun along the way.
It’s an exciting time to join the team, because we’re in a really unique space. We have an amazing product that people want, and we're in an industry that's tripling in size overnight.What makes the People & Culture team awesome...
From first-day tacos to quarterly values events, our culture is the lifeblood of this organization. We’ve been awarded best places to work, because our people team is dedicated to putting people first. Our teams make sure the quirky and awesome culture that we’ve created never dies by providing the training, experiences, and processes that help people thrive.
We have pulled together the most empathetic, down-to-earth, “people people” across the globe to create a dream team of culture creators. This isn’t a job for us, it’s a passion. We care about making people's lives a better place, and we get the chance to do that daily in our own unique ways.
The type of person that is successful at ACG is someone who can adapt to a fast paced atmosphere and is enthusiastic and passionate. Someone who loves to laugh and have fun while creating amazing experiences and making people smile - Tina, Hat Guru (And Employee Experience Lead)As a Sr. HRIS Manager at ACG, you’ll get to:
- Manage the Global HRIS system
- Promote proactive approaches using the HRIS to solve business needs/problems, enhance the understanding and acceptance of the HRIS capabilities by directing, researching and resolving HRIS problems, unexpected results or process flaws and recommend solutions or alternate methods to meet requirements
- Oversee the review, testing and implementation of HRIS system upgrades or enhancements, including maintenance of system tables, system audits and effective security access to personnel data, continuity of operations and safeguarding data integrity
- Create and implement procedures and practices within the Employee Success department
- Provide direction, supervision and creativity to all aspects of the processes involving employee data, personnel files, HRIS system and Human Resources Operations
- Design compensation and human resource operations services and strategies while making recommendations and preparing proposals for new and improved system and software programs based on the company's strategic objectives and/or governmental changes
We are looking for someone who can:
- Ensure services are in compliance with professional standards and state and federal regulatory requirements related to record-keeping and reporting
- Provide data and reports to governmental and funding agencies as required
- Partner closely with Payroll function, providing biweekly support to ensure accurate pay for all employees
- Direct the digitization process of human resource files and other department HR related documentation
- Develop complex custom reporting and presentation of employee statistics as needed including but not limited to special projects, reports, graphs, charts and surveys
We focus on hiring values aligned people, because we believe the right person can learn all the things to be successful in their role. Self-confidence plays a big part in what you apply for. We encourage all job applicants to apply even if they are nervous to do so. College degrees aren't required for any roles, and career gaps or switches are totally welcome.
- 8+ years combined experience in Human Resources management with demonstrated achievements within HRIS discipline
- Excellent project management skills, with the ability to work cross functionally and influence those outside of direct oversight
- Experience implementing software programs for large to mid sized companies (500 – 2000 employee counts)
- Ability to understand and articulate the differences in system capabilities and analyze the best practice systems for business HR best practice
- Demonstrated experience implementing and administering a variety of HRM systems including PayCom, Ultimate Software, Workday, and a variety of systems including performance management, compensation, stock administration, 401K
- Strong experience setting up Benefits Open Enrollment, Life Events and automated workflows
- Must have demonstrated the ability to automate manual processes for a global platform and understand the challenges of data mapping and data integrity on a global employee base
- Must demonstrate a strategic mind set with a strong tactical and execution work ethic
- Experience working in a fast-paced software organization facing tremendous scale will be a strong plus
- Strong understanding of HRIS/HCM systems including integrated payroll and SaaS models
- Ultimate Software and Global Payroll Integrations experience strongly preferred
- Ability to understand system configurations, COGNOS reporting, Business Intelligence Reporting, API Integrations, Interface File development and processes, table configuration, security set up and persona design, audit reports and system upgrade experience
- Project Management software including Microsoft Project, SmartSheet or Jira would be a plus
- Strong Excel and PowerPoint skills are necessary to succeed in this role
We want the people who care about doing a good job. The ones who have the humility and hunger to learn. - Sam Kroonenburg, Co-Founder and CEOMore than a job
Where you work isn’t just a career decision -- it’s a life decision. We get it. That’s why we want all of our Gurus to feel a sense of belonging that comes from feeling supported in all areas of their lives. Everyone has family, friends and interests outside of their careers, so we offer perks and benefits to make work, work better for you.
- 4 weeks PTO, plus 10 sick days, and holidays. Whether it's hiking to a waterfall in Costa Rica or bonding with your couch, we all need downtime. All Gurus get four weeks paid time off, 10 sick days, and enough holiday to make a banker blush.
- Let's get lunch. Lunches are catered three times per week, and our kitchen stays stocked with a smorgasbord of the team’s most requested snacks and drinks.
- Parking is on us. We have your Downtown parking covered. We offer paid garage parking nearby the office. We also have perks for going green by walking and taking public transit.
- We’ve got you covered. We offer insurance plans that pay for 100% of your medical, dental, and vision, and 80% for your family/dependents.
- Gender-neutral paid parental leave. Expanding your family? We offer 12 weeks of gender-neutral paid parental leave, and reimburse up to $10,000 for eligible adoption expenses.
- $1,000 continuing education budget. All Gurus get $250 a quarter to spend on personal development, and 2 hours each week reserved for learning something new.
Applying for a job can feel intimidating and like a full-time job of its own. You shouldn’t have to burn through a week of sick time or all your best out-of-office excuses just to put feelers out for a new career opportunity. We want to be as transparent about the process as possible to help ease your mind. It’s our goal to provide you a fair, efficient interviewing experience that respects you and your time — and to do it all with a sidecar of delight.
Once you submit an application, we’ll review it. If you’re a good fit, you’ll have an initial chat with a recruiter over the phone. A phone interview with a manager typically follows. Depending on your role, you might then be asked to do a little homework (but nothing too time consuming). Then we’ll schedule a Zoom call to meet other members of the team, answer any questions you have, and give you a feel for what it’s really like to work at ACG. If you're on the fence, just give it a try.
Keep being awesome, Cloud Gurus.