Senior Human Resources Generalist at HotSchedules, Now Powered by Fourth
!Sorry, this job was removed at 11:14 a.m. (CST) on Monday, January 20, 2020
The New Tech for Restaurant and Hospitality
Fourth is the first global cloud-based intelligent back office platform in the restaurant and hospitality. We’re no ordinary software company! We pride ourselves on the culture we have created and work hard to ensure this is never compromised. This is a place where our people want to work; where they enjoy and develop in their roles; where our people pull together to work as a team and ultimately be a company we are all proud to be a part of.
By developing innovative products, building relationships with our customers and enabling great careers; we are focused on building lifetime loyalty with our customers and each other. The vast majority of us have worked within the industry; we believe we need to be passionate about and have experienced the industry in order to help our customers grow their businesses successfully.
When recruiting, we look for those who want to join our journey; those who want to be a part of our personality and culture; those who are professional; have energy, enthusiasm, and ambition, are entrepreneurial and those who can show they can live by our company values each day. Working at Fourth + HotSchedules provides an opportunity to build a successful career where our people develop and grow in a dynamic, fast paced environment.
We are looking for a dynamic, forward thinking, HR Generalist to join our thriving team with a genuine passion for Human Resources. While you will enable best practices, you will have great focus on compliance within the Employee Relations arena, you will also be able to connect with people at various levels, enabling best practices, while implementing the highest standards along the way and across our client base.
You will be based out of our Austin, Texas location but will report to the HR Director in Tampa, Florida. You will provide HR guidance and support to regionally aligned customers. You will be part of a Human Resources team that strives to be a trusted advisor, while providing guidance through in- depth experience, sound research, compliance and HR Best practices.
What will I do?
- Provide heavy telephonic HR guidance for various issues and resolution
- Interpret and provide heavy guidance regarding employment law; to include wage and hour
- Provide guidance on leave administration; specific to state and federal law
- Conduct impartial and thorough investigations
- Recognize and escalate concerns regarding customers with potential risk and liability
- Create compliant handbooks utilizing an electronic handbook generator and facilitating Q & A discussion with the customer
- Identify and create policies as needed
- Create job descriptions; research salary and wage data; and provide various reports to support HR related processes for customers
- Provide guidance on Performance Management
- Assist with identifying, creating and delivering customer HR compliance training as requested
- Assists leadership with special projects, process improvements and strategy as needed
- Have the ability to demonstrate HR related technology/systems as applicable (i.e. Performance Management tool)
- Other duties and projects as assigned
- Have great people skills
- Be a team player with a team centric attitude
- Have the ability to handle various HR related matters for both supervisors and employees (non- exempt and exempt employee population)
- Ability to clearly and accurately communicate; taking complex information and distilling into simplicity
- Have decision making capability but know when to escalate
- Have balance of pragmatism and aspiration – you believe in the art of the possible but know it takes time
- Active listener who knows the value of being informed versus over opinionated
- Natural relationship builder and the ability to thrive in a high trust environment
- Collaborator – you see who and when to bring others to the table to get the job done
- Big thinker who looks for opportunities to do something different but can translate into simple milestones
- Emotionally intelligent but not emotionally charged
- Manage 700 Clients and providing HR guidance.
- PHR or SHRM-CP preferred
- Bachelor's Degree or Higher
- 5-7 years HR Generalist experience , or HR Consulting experience in a high demand, fast paced environment
- Restaurant or Hospitality Industry preferred.
In July 2019 Fourth joined forces with HotSchedules to become the global leader in end-to-end restaurant and hospitality management technology solutions. Together, the merged company now represents the world’s largest and only provider of end-to-end restaurant and hospitality management solutions for customers across the globe and of all sizes—from a single location or franchisee restaurant to a global restaurant or hotel chain. The combined company’s complete software-as-service (SaaS) solution suite including: scheduling, time & attendance, applicant tracking, training, inventory management / procurement, HR / benefits and payroll services now serves customers in 120,000 locations worldwide and is supported by a dedicated, unified team across offices in the US, UK, Bulgaria, China, Australia and UAE."
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration without discrimination because of sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, race, color, age, national origin, military status, religion, or disability or any other legally protected status.
Read Full Job Description