Senior Learning & Development Manager at A Cloud Guru
CREATIVE | CULTURALLY AWARE | PROACTIVE
As the Sr. L&D Manager, you will have the opportunity to create the Learning & Development function from the ground up. This role will build upon existing training and spearhead new training to ensure our employees are immersed in our learning culture. We're looking for someone who can manage projects in a fast-paced, global environment and curate content that is fresh and exciting. This person will truly embody our value of "Learn all the things!"Hello, we're A Cloud Guru
Our friends call us ACG.
We're on a mission to teach the WORLD to cloud. A Cloud Guru is the largest online cloud school on the planet. Our training feels more like logging into Netflix or Spotify - it's entertaining and playful. The people are the #1 reason employees say they stay at ACG. We’re a quirky, tight-knit crew that cares about our customers and each other. No egos here. Our leaders encourage thoughtfulness, compassion, being humble, and we have a bit of fun along the way.
It’s an exciting time to join the team, because we’re in a really unique space. We have an amazing product that people want, and we're in an industry that's tripling in size overnight.What makes the People & Culture team awesome...
From first-day tacos to quarterly values events, our culture is the lifeblood of this organization. We’ve been awarded best places to work, because our people team is dedicated to putting people first. Our teams make sure the quirky and awesome culture that we’ve created never dies by providing the training, experiences, and processes that help people thrive.
We have pulled together the most empathetic, down-to-earth, “people people” across the globe to create a dream team of culture creators. This isn’t a job for us, it’s a passion. We care about making people's lives a better place, and we get the chance to do that daily in our own unique ways.
The type of person that is successful at ACG is someone who can adapt to a fast paced atmosphere and is enthusiastic and passionate. Someone who loves to laugh and have fun while creating amazing experiences and making people smile - Tina, Hat Guru (And Employee Experience Lead)As a Sr. L&D Manager at ACG, you’ll get to:
- Build a L&D strategy that is aligned with company objectives and budgetary resources
- Support business performance and growth through program execution: leadership development, career development, coaching, talent management, change management, compliance training, e-learning, 360 feedback, talent programs, and D&I
- Establish the global L&D methodologies, tools, guidelines, standards, and frameworks that ensure success
- Be seen and recognized as a thought and practice leader, who builds on our organizational strengths and brings new perspectives to the People & Culture team
- Expand upon existing high-level learning opportunities by developing in-depth sessions on niche topics
- Identify L&D needs across the organization through training analysis exercises (technical and soft skills)
We are looking for someone who can:
- Analyze metrics and feedback to evaluate the effectiveness of programs and make recommendations for modifications through research methods and analysis
- Partner with managers on career development programs focusing on capability uplift across the business (both technical and soft skills perspective)
- Evolve the competency model to create a clear path for upward mobility
- Define clear training programs versus development programs.
- Create accountability framework for 30/60/90 day onboarding plans
- Own Guru Onboarding training session focused on how each department lives our values
- Design and deliver learning opportunities through various methods (in-person/Zoom workshops and e-learning courses)
- Design structure to ensure key L&D program takeaways are implemented for program optimization
- Partner with the Employee Success team on departmental talent assessments and succession planning
- Develop and maintain company-wide communications to ensure the global team has knowledge of training and development resources
We focus on hiring values aligned people, because we believe the right person can learn all the things to be successful in their role. Self-confidence plays a big part in what you apply for. We encourage all job applicants to apply even if they are nervous to do so. College degrees aren't required for any roles, and career gaps or switches are totally welcome.
- 5-8 years of L&D experience creating programs, curating content, facilitating trainings, and implementing curriculums for development
- Demonstrated experience in working with an HRBP structure with a strong working knowledge of performance management, development strategies, and leadership development tied directly to business outcomes
- Experience building programs via a multitude of mediums and operating on a limited budget to drive exciting and compelling content
- Must demonstrate high technical capabilities in generating content including micro-learning methodologies and competency frameworks
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, team focused environment and exhibit flexibility with changing business needs
- Ability to learn new technologies and to design, develop and review blended learning solutions and online training materials and content
- Experience with global project management and relevant experience to identify, triage and offer solutions for mitigating risk
- Extensive knowledge and practice using a variety of progressive learning & development platforms and methods
- Results-driven strategic partner with the ability to facilitate learning workshops and coach participants on areas of development
- Exemplifies our culture and values; strong business acumen to fully understand each department’s L&D requirements
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with strong, effective and engaging presentation and facilitation skills
We want the people who care about doing a good job. The ones who have the humility and hunger to learn. - Sam Kroonenburg, Co-Founder and CEOMore than a job
Where you work isn’t just a career decision -- it’s a life decision. We get it. That’s why we want all of our Gurus to feel a sense of belonging that comes from feeling supported in all areas of their lives. Everyone has family, friends and interests outside of their careers, so we offer perks and benefits to make work, work better for you.
- 4 weeks PTO, plus 10 sick days, and holidays. Whether it's hiking to a waterfall in Costa Rica or bonding with your couch, we all need downtime. All Gurus get four weeks paid time off, 10 sick days, and enough holiday to make a banker blush.
- Let's get lunch. Lunches are catered three times per week, and our kitchen stays stocked with a smorgasbord of the team’s most requested snacks and drinks.
- Parking is on us. We have your Downtown parking covered. We offer paid garage parking nearby the office. We also have perks for going green by walking and taking public transit.
- We’ve got you covered. We offer insurance plans that pay for 100% of your medical, dental, and vision, and 80% for your family/dependents.
- Gender-neutral paid parental leave. Expanding your family? We offer 12 weeks of gender-neutral paid parental leave, and reimburse up to $10,000 for eligible adoption expenses.
- $1,000 continuing education budget. All Gurus get $250 a quarter to spend on personal development, and 2 hours each week reserved for learning something new.
Applying for a job can feel intimidating and like a full-time job of its own. You shouldn’t have to burn through a week of sick time or all your best out-of-office excuses just to put feelers out for a new career opportunity. We want to be as transparent about the process as possible to help ease your mind. It’s our goal to provide you a fair, efficient interviewing experience that respects you and your time — and to do it all with a sidecar of delight.
Once you submit an application, we’ll review it. If you’re a good fit, you’ll have an initial chat with a recruiter over the phone. A phone interview with a manager typically follows. Depending on your role, you might then be asked to do a little homework (but nothing too time consuming). Then we’ll schedule a Zoom call to meet other members of the team, answer any questions you have, and give you a feel for what it’s really like to work at ACG. If you're on the fence, just give it a try.
Keep being awesome, Cloud Gurus.