Canva’s Commitment and Mission
At Canva, we celebrate diversity. We deeply believe that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key to building the best product, team and company. We look for many different skills and abilities, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. So, even if you don’t think you quite meet all of the skills listed or tick all the boxes, we’d still love to hear from you!
Our mission at Canva is to empower the world to design and since launching in 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 75 million monthly active users across 190 different countries and a team of over 2,800 people… and the best bit is that we’ve only achieved 1% of what we know we’re capable of.
Join us and design your future.
Canva’s People Team is on a mission to build the most effective and engaged company in the world! Our success is in finding, growing and empowering the best engineers, designers, product managers, growth marketers and operators to ship incredible products for our global design community.
We are looking for a People Operations Specialist to join the People Group and to be part of our incredible growth story. You’ll provide advice and support to our employees from onboarding through to offboarding, and work closely with a wide variety of stakeholders such as IT, Finance, Legal, and leaders to deliver exceptional employee experiences.
You’ll thrive in a fast-moving, fluid environment, supporting the day-to-day delivery of HR operational support. If your sweet spot is at the intersection of people, process and technology, and you get a kick out of delivering value to customers, streamlining processes and problem solving for scale, this is the role for you.
What you'll do:
- Provide advice and support to our employees from pre-employment through to offboarding
- Serve as the point of escalation for the People Shared Services team for employee queries
- Collaborate with various teams and stakeholders to ensure new hires are set up for success during onboarding
- Proactively identify inefficiencies and drive process improvements
- Maintain and create new HR policies and processes and provide advice to employees
- Support Canva’s growth in new locations and work with our global teams to ensure alignment across our offices
- Work on a wide range of people programs and collaborates closely with teams across the whole People team
Who you'll be:
- 5+ years in an HR or People Operations role
- Experience using an HRIS system, Workday preferred
- Experience in California & Texas is a must, experience in multiple states across the United States is highly desirable
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent problem solving skills, ability to balance needs of the business and the employees while maintaining compliance
- Experience working in rapidly growing global company with comfortability working in high-ambiguity situations and coming up with solutions for time-sensitive matters
- Experience in geographically dispersed, international HR teams
Working at Canva
Our culture is unlike anywhere else and we design your #CanvaLife experience to empower you to do the best work of your life.
Whether you’re in the office, working from home or choosing your own adventure, our benefits for permanent Canvanauts include:
• Competitive health benefits plans to support you and your wellbeing
• Equity packages truly be a part of the Canva journey 401(k) retirement plan with company contribution to support you, with your future Hybrid work model (in-office & from home) coming together for 8 days a year
• Flexible leave so you can recharge, give back, support others or focus on your own professional development.
• Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents and carers throughout their parenting and caring journey.
• An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance. This is for you to spend on whatever will support your wellbeing and development.. because you know what you need to Vibe and Thrive, better than anyone.
• Virtual and in-office wellness benefits including Canva University, Employee Assistant Programs and Fitness & Meditation Classes.
• Canva For Good program matching your not-for-profit donations, Force for Good leave (3 paid volunteering days) and a range of sustainability and ethical initiatives to get involved in.
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion. Please note that interviews are conducted virtually. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.