Senior Talent Acquisition Recruiter, Sales (Remote Contractor) at BigCommerce
BigCommerce is disrupting the e-commerce industry as the SaaS leader for fast- growing, mid-market businesses. We enable our customers to build intuitive and engaging stores to support every stage of their growth.
BigCommerce, named a 2021 "Best Place to Work" in Austin, is looking for a versatile Senior Recruiter to leverage their knowledge of competitive markets and their super sleuthy sourcing skills to identify and engage top notch talent with a focus on building amazing teams. As a full-cycle Recruiter, you'll be responsible for leveraging your extensive candidate network and sourcing abilities, relentless drive and passion for results, and our recruiting tools to find A-players for our growing company.
What you'll do:
- Identify and recruit top notch talent for our Sales, Business Development, and Sales Engineering teams. You will support teams in Austin, Texas, San Francisco, California and other global locations based on business needs.
- Our ideal candidate will reside in the Austin, Texas Metro area, or is seriously open to relocating to Austin.
- Organize strategic recruiting events to help us grow the BigCommerce employment brand within the community through traditional and non-traditional recruiting methods
- Actively plan outreach to groups and help us drive employee participation in them
- Conduct research on target companies and candidates, leveraging tools like LinkedIn Recruiter, in addition to other online resources
- Always be mindful in prospecting for DEI applicants to increase DEI top of funnel
- High utilization of Beamery ( passive talent relationship management)
- Utilize innovative sourcing strategies to attract the best and brightest talent and work relentlessly to fill active job openings, and build a pipeline of candidates for future needs
- Drives improvements in recruiting process, quality & efficiency
- Collaborate with your Talent Acquisition teammates as well as your partners on our People team (HRBPs, Compensation and People Services))
- 7+ years of experience with full life-cycle recruiting for top talent, ideally for the technology industry, either in house or within an agency
- Previous experience recruiting the "best of the best" Sales talent in the market
- A large network of candidates that you have maintained contact with over the last few years
- Experience sourcing and engaging top quality candidates on a regular basis (not just posting to job boards)
- Experience using various sourcing and social tools to identify and recruit top talent
- Strong research skills and the ability to conduct research on target companies and candidates, leveraging online resources (LinkedIn, Boolean search queries, etc.) to find passive candidates
- Previous experience using a Candidate Management and/or Applicant Tracking software tool
- Experience with GreenHouse is strongly preferred.
- Previous experience with a CRM system such as Beamery or Hiretual is beneficial.
- Experience recruiting within high-growth, start-up environments - coming from a software, internet, or social media company highly desired
- A "don't take no" for an answer attitude
- Strong interviewing skills, both in person and over the phone -- the ability to identify the very best talent from average talent
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A builder. You love building teams and the impact your role has in advancing an organization.
- A utility player. You’re like a Swiss Army Knife when it comes to recruiting and you’re willing to help out wherever needed.
- A closer. You get to know your candidates as individuals and know what motivates their search so that it all matches up when we are ready to make an offer.
- Fun. You can talk to anyone. You’re flexible, fearless, and excited to build something awesome.
- Customer focused. You’re obsessed with providing the best experience for candidates and your internal hiring teams.
- Innovative. You have success stories of creative ways you’ve been able to source candidates and enjoy sharing tips of the trade with your teammates.
- Resourceful. Whether it’s the first time you’ve worked on a search for a unicorn or you’re tackling a project from scratch, you’re like MacGyver with research and a natural curiosity to figure things out.
- Collaborative. You build good relationships with your teammates, hiring teams, and partners in HR, Compensation, and Operations.
- A brand ambassador. You’d be proud to work at a company with a leading product and a culture that receives recognition for being a Best Place to Work in all of our locations. You’d be thrilled to be part of continuing to build that at BigCommerce.