Senior Trainer & Coach for Partner Success
Vrbo.com is looking for a fabulous Senior Training & Coaching Specialist in North America. Vrbo.com, based in Austin, Texas, is the world leader in vacation rentals with more than 2 million unique places to stay in 190 countries, and is a part of the Expedia Group Inc. family of brands. The site makes it easy to find and book the perfect vacation rental for any getaway, often for less than the cost of traditional hotel accommodations. We also make it easy for vacation rental owners and property managers (our partners) to advertise their properties and take care of bookings online. Vrbo Partner Success has a mission to provide personalized insights and consulting to help our partners achieve their goals and continually improve our shared marketplace.
Global Partner Success Content, Training and Coaching team has an enablement training and coaching position based in Austin. This position will focus on supporting our Partner Success sales managers to train and improve their teams’ knowledge of internal systems/tools and the ability to improve and optimize the online conversion of our Partner’s eCommerce Marketplace. They will build strong relationships with Partner Success Sales Managers and provide ongoing training and coaching to a team of approximately 50 U.S. consultative sales reps to continuously professionalize and improve effectiveness. They will report directly to the Manager, Americas Partner Success Training Delivery & Coaching with a dotted line reporting the relationship to the US Partner Success leadership team.
The Senior Sales Training & Coaching Specialist will be responsible for building & delivering training material for the US sales team with a focus on new hire, sales process/tools and products for both Owner & Property Manager optimization teams. Working in a global team environment, the Senior Sales Training & Coaching Specialist will ensure the successful implementation of new or existing programs to meet the training needs of the US team. The position will also include supporting Quality Assurance activity related to evaluating adherence to a global sales process and customer messaging. This person should have excellent skills in group training and a consultative sales approach with ability to translate technical topics into engaging content that sales can understand and apply.What You'll Do
- Partner with sales leadership to identify and establish innovative and ongoing training and coaching methods to develop the teams of current and new sales representatives on internal systems, products and techniques to optimize our eCommerce online marketplace
- Improve consultative skills such as introducing change, objection handling, closing, qualifying, discovery, establishing rapport and call/account planning
- Lead training delivery (directly or coordinating with a subject matter expert to deliver training) and quality enhancement projects to improve effectiveness and productivity.
- Administer new hire training programs in coordination with sales managers
- Collaborate with instructional designers to create new and update existing training content
- Track training and coaching metrics
- Conduct individual call monitoring to evaluate call quality to maximize performance
- Conduct 1:1 coaching sessions and write/deliver call coaching reviews
- Develop Consultative Sales skills messaging and training
- Collaborate and share best practices with trainers and coaches in other regions
- Support adherence to processes to ensure consistent customer engagement, messaging, and process
- 80% training and coaching delivery – 20% training development and global training support
- Some International Travel required
Skills and Experience required for this position
- Minimum of 5 years experience leading group training classes and/or public speaking
- Minimum of 5 years experience in sales (B2B, & B2C call center experience a plus)
- Minimum of 5 years experience of consultative sales skills coaching or training delivery
- Past experience in an eCommerce environment interpreting data-driven analytics required
- Experience in analyzing sales call quality and online marketplace conversion metrics to optimize and improve eCommerce advertising performance
- You have gained experience in a sales position then moved to sales training or coaching
- Has a passion and talent for consultative selling and coaching to improve consultative skills
- Knowledge of instructional design and development principles
- Ability to work under pressure & adapt to rapidly changing products, deadlines, & requirements.
- Training or Coaching certification a plus
- Be a self-starter, have a bias for action and be able to drive results
- Competitive health and insurance benefits
- Competitive salary
- Annual target bonus or commission
- Parental leave for up to 20 weeks (dependent on eligibility)
- Paid vacation and sick time
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Free snacks and beverages
- Frequent company update talks with our leadership team
- Free listing on vrbo.com
- Electronic, adjustable stand-up desk
- Discounted Metro & Rail pass
- Casual dress
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them with tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.About Vrbo
In 1995, Vrbo introduced a new way for people to travel together, pairing homeowners with families and friends looking for places to stay. We were grounded in one purpose: To give people the space they need to drop the distractions of everyday life and simply be together. Since then, we've grown into a global community of homeowners and travelers, with unique properties in 190 countries around the world. Vrbo makes it easy and fun to book cabins, condos, beach houses and every kind of space in between.
Vrbo is part of HomeAway and the Expedia Group family of brands and offers homeowners and property managers exposure to over 750 million visits to Expedia Group sites each month. To learn more, visit www.vrbo.com.Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.