Senior Training Specialist at BigCommerce
BigCommerce is disrupting the e-commerce industry as the SaaS leader for fast- growing, mid-market businesses. We enable our customers to build intuitive and engaging stores to support every stage of their growth.
BigCommerce, named a 2020 "Best Place to Work" in Austin, is looking for a Senior Training Specialist. Reporting to our Director of Learning and Organizational Development, you are a key member of a team of trainers. As such, you are responsible for the delivery and maintenance of training content for both internal and external users. This role consistently interacts with our merchants, agency partners, and BigCommerce employees. The ideal candidate is a talented educator and facilitator, a leader in both example and instruction, passionate about driving results, providing exceptional value to all stakeholders, and contributing eLearning and in person instruction for our merchants, partners, and BigCommerce employees. By serving as an expert at explaining often complex, technical solutions in a way that connects with learners of all levels of experience, you will be instrumental to your customers’ success.
What You’ll Do
- Use expert platform and third party application knowledge to customize and deliver virtual and in person training globally on the behalf of BigCommerce for Professional Services & Agency partners (Store Set Up and Management; API & Developer; Design & Integration)
- Instruct our highest valued merchant on all aspects of the BigCommerce platform; including customized and third party solutions
- Managing training action plans with enterprise merchants, agency partners, Professional Services, and sales before, during, and after learning sessions.
- Work with the L&D and Professional Services teams to manage scheduling and administration of training - including Learning Management System administration - for BigCommerce customers who have purchased Education Services packaged offerings
- Key member of a team of trainers providing new hire and continuing education to BigCommerce staff on processes, product, competitive knowledge, and soft skills necessary to achieve success
- Produce training materials as appropriate and amend and revise materials as necessary in order to adapt to processes and product changes, including scripting and storyboarding eLearning and video projects
- Evaluate learning content and make recommendations about best delivery models
- Maintain a thorough understanding of the BigCommerce platform features, benefits and differentiators
- Establish and maintain excellent working relationships with all key stakeholders; in particular Professional Services, Sales, and Agency partner teams
- Continuously discover and implement new learning techniques and industry best practices to maximize efficiency and drive learning through engaging, instructive, and professional training
- Works closely with, mentors, develops and coaches L&D trainers via in-person meetings and remotely monitors performance metrics
- Provides input to the Director of Learning & Organizational Development on employee performance, individual struggles, unique strengths, and overall morale; provide reporting and analysis on key performance metrics on a weekly and monthly basis
- Active participant in interview team for new team members as needed
- Handle other supervisory and reporting tasks as assigned
Who You Are
- 5-7 years combined experience in SaaS platforms; ideally with a focus in one or more of the following areas: product training (strongly preferred), customer service, content creation, development, or instructional design
- Firm understanding of the BigCommerce platform and the associated partners and players within the eCommerce ecosystem
- Passion for creating and delivering training content that utilizes cutting-edge adult learning theory methodologies and best practices
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, particularly with regard to accuracy, timeliness, persuasiveness, collaboration across a global, matrixed organizations, and adapting and scaling training initiatives to large groups across multiple locations
- Confidence and courage to work with all internal and external stakeholders; from C-Suite to individual contributor
- Excellent organizational skills (i.e. particularly with regard to managing your projects and time independently in ambiguous and/or rapidly changing environments)
- Ability to work independently and use critical-thinking skills to develop solutions and make sound decisions
- Ability to work with and coordinate demands from multiple internal stakeholders in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Ability to learn quickly and become a subject matter expert on concepts, technology, and learning techniques
- Willingness to travel (50%) - Globally
We have the opportunity to build not only a great business, but a great company, with soul. Our beliefs and commitment to diversity and inclusion are a central part of achieving that. Our dedication to diversity and inclusion is grounded in two things: a moral belief in the dignity, value, and potential of every individual, and a practical belief that diverse, inclusive teams will create the best outcomes for our customers, partners, employees, and company. We welcome everyone to be a part of our journey.
Current BigCommerce Employees: Please use the internal job board to apply for openings.