Senior VP - Talent
SVP– HR – Talent
Reporting into the CEO of Amherst Holdings, the SVP - Talent will collaborate with executive leadership and employees across all levels of the Firm to develop and drive a comprehensive human capital strategy across the various Amherst business lines. The SVP - Talent will drive strategies in recruitment, retention, learning and development; and other key matters relating to the Firm’s human resource function.
Amherst seeks candidates with an established and successful record of accomplishments in human resources with a strong preference in high growth companies in tech, finance or start-ups.
Founded in 1993, Amherst Holdings has grown to more than 850 employees nationwide in our diverse business platforms in technology and data analytics, single-family real estate investments, asset management and investment banking.
- Set a clear, compelling vision for how to attract, develop, and retain top talent. Create strategies that enhance our ability to develop and retain a highly motivated, creative, diverse and effective workforce including compensation, culture and development.
- Serve as a business partner to the executive team to implement strategic and innovative human capital solutions supporting business growth and transformation.
- Drive and influence talent assessment programs throughout the organization with the goal of achieving a culture of professional learning and development for our top talent.
- Provide expertise regarding the strategic design, implementation, and communication of the company’s compensation programs, including annual and long-term incentives, equity incentives, benefits and compensation plans.
- Oversee talent acquisition to ensure recruiting plans and programs achieve the business unit’s talent goals and objectives; provide guidance and feedback on quality of candidates, process, performance; Drive HR operational excellence through establishing talent assessment programs, on-boarding and managing employee experience.
- Establish HR budget and reporting process and oversee forecasting activity for headcount across the Firm’s business units.
- Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field (Human Resources, Business, Organizational Development or equivalent), MBA preferred.
- 7+ years’ experience in a Senior HR leadership role with significant management responsibility.
- Experience in developing, implementing and monitoring programs/processes that drive business improvements across an organization and subsidiaries.
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels – with the CEO, management team, Board of Directors, and employees
- Successful track-record of developing innovative and forward-thinking talent strategies and initiatives, and successfully scaling a compelling company culture.
- Proven success leading people/talent function at a high growth start-up or a high growth division within a larger company.
- Experience developing and managing effective incentive compensation, benefits, and reward and recognition programs
- Ability to think strategically but also focus on tactical and operational issues
- Proven experience with Human Resource and Workforce Management systems