Sr. Curriculum Developer
DISCO seeks a talented, highly motivated & customer-oriented Sr. Curriculum Developer to lead curriculum development efforts for product training and client success onboarding.
The Sr. Curriculum Developer will report to the Training Program Manager and will create and develop a variety of training content to help customers and employees learn the feature functionalities and recommended practices of DISCO tools. In this role, the Sr. Curriculum Developer is expected to become a product expert, and in collaboration with subject matter experts, provide guidance and direction for new course content and delivery strategies. The Sr. Curriculum Developer would ideally have legal domain knowledge, which will assist in content creation, but must be an expert in curriculum development strategies and instructional design tools.
The Sr. Curriculum Developer will interact with fellow DISCO client success, product development, and marketing team members to understand and define the learning needs of our customers and employees and work collaboratively to meet those requirements. The Sr. Curriculum Developer will work closely with the other members of the Training Program team, including trainers, to ensure effective knowledge transfer and hand-off of developed content. Though the primary focus of this position is curriculum development, this Sr. Curriculum Developer is expected to deliver training to customers and employees periodically, to support the efforts of our trainers at large.
Role & Responsibilities
- Work with DISCO experts to identify and roadmap courseware requirements for customers and client success employees
- Develop all relevant courseware materials for learning, based on learner needs and current gaps in content, including live trainings, video trainings, and in-app support
- Build and maintain a thorough understanding of the DISCO Review product, as well as domain knowledge on eDiscovery, and trends in instructional design
- Participate actively in team meetings and individual interactions, to offer insight and effectively collaborate with other team members
- Regularly track and report on progress to the Training Program Manager
- Deliver training to customers, partners, employees occasionally
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- 5 years’ experience working in a professional learning environment
- 3 years’ experience as a curriculum/courseware developer, including the use of common e-learning applications (e.g. Captivate, Camtasia, Articulate, Audacity)
- Strong knowledge of assessment strategies, teaching and learning methodologies, and optimizing training for multiple formats (e.g. video, live, live virtual, interactive eLearning)
- Strong project management, written & verbal communication, and design thinking
- Experience with training in the legal domain or eDiscovery is an asset
Read Full Job Description