Sr. Payroll Associate at Workrise
Workrise is changing the way work is done in many industries. Each one of our teams exists to move us closer to our north star -- “to empower the people who power the world.” The Core Operations team at Workrise is hiring a Sr. Payroll Associate who will be responsible for ensuring accurate payments and reporting with respect to compensation of our field employees.
Our ideal candidate for this role will be someone who has a good understanding of data management and payroll processing, with an eye for process improvement and prioritization. In this role, you will be responsible for executing scalable solutions in support of a remote W-2 and 1099 workforce.
What you’ll be doing:
- Prepares reports and present findings and recommendations with respect to payroll accuracy and compensation trends
- Identifies, recommends, and programs custom functions and documentation such as automated queries, filters, macros, and reports
- Supports analysts and HRIS staff to plan, modify, and customize the HRIS and to test new applications and features
- Prepares training materials, guides, and documentation when needed
- Maintains knowledge of trends and developments in HRIS providers, vendors, and technology - with a focus on payroll
- Supports payroll process by entering, maintaining, and/or processing information in the payroll system; information may include employees hourly rates, salaries, commissions, bonuses or other compensation, time worked, paid leave and holidays, deductions and withholding, address changes, and other information
- Ensures proper processing of payroll deductions for taxes, benefits, charitable contributions, and other deductions
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3 years prior experience in Payroll or Accounting preferred
- Proficiency in Excel, Paylocity, ADP or similar software
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
At Workrise you can feel good about your work and furthering our mission to serve those who do the hard work. We recognize that making an impact matters to you and we believe in providing an environment that fosters that ambition. We welcome you to develop relationships with coworkers by displaying our company values: Own the Mission, Learn and Grow, Solutions Over Ego, and Raise the Bar. In appreciation for your contributions, we support you with various health insurance plan options (including medical, dental, vision), flexible paid time off, and competitive 401k matching.
As a world-class employer, Workrise is committed to providing an environment where any and all people feel welcome, respected, and free to be their authentic selves. We welcome applicants of all gender identities, sexual orientation, educational background, religion, ethnicities, veteran status, and citizenships. We’d love to learn what you can add to our team!
Who we are:
In 2014, we set out to create a better way to get work done in the oil & gas industry. The goal — to build the most reliable and cost-effective workforce solution, using technology to make it easier to manage and deploy workers at scale. And while our commitment hasn’t changed, our business has. What started in oil & gas has grown to include construction, wind, solar, and defense. So we believe it’s time our company’s name reflects that evolution. We’re excited to announce that RigUp is now Workrise— a full-stack workforce provider, powered by technology specifically built for the diverse industries we serve.