US - HR Manager
Cognite is a fast-growing global technology company headquartered in Oslo, Norway, with offices in Austin, Houston, Tokyo, Vienna, Hamburg and New Zealand. Our team is both international and interdisciplinary, including more than 250 of the best software developers, data scientists, project managers, designers, 3D specialists, and industry professionals.
Together, we have built an industrial data fusion that empowers companies in industries such as Energy, Shipping, Oil & Gas and Manufacturing to extract value from their wealth of existing data by transforming it into useful information.
Our HR department lives and breathes to develop the best software company in the world. A company where our employees thrive, perform and grow with the company. To be able to take Cognite to the next level we are searching for an HR Manager who wants to drive the development and implementation of excellent HR processes in our US office. You will be responsible for driving the recruitment processes, onboarding & offboarding initiatives, maintaining our employee branding profile, and facilitating HR processes across the North American organization. You are humble, charismatic and have attention to detail. You have energy, drive and you are ready to take on individual projects as well as cross-team work to unlock the true potential of the Cognite organisation. The position reports to President of Cognite North America, but will also have a close collaboaration with our international HR team and HQ in Norway.
- Drive all of Cognite’s recruitment efforts in North America, including search, coordination of interviews and supporting the teams until successful hire , as well as contact with external recruitment vendors
- Manage on- and offboarding processes, performance management and organization development
- Develop and maintain Cognite’s employer branding profile, including presence at universities
- Partner with the Corporate HR team to understand the business, drive employee engagement and organizational alignment, as well as promoting development of employees’ skills and competences
- Managing key HR procedures, policies and documentation, and report HR metrics
- Overseeing the maintenance of office facilities, supplies, equipment and furniture
- Feel the drive and motivation to build the best software company in the world.
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university
- 2-5 years of relevant HR experience, preferably from recruitment within the IT/Engineering industry
- Motivated by understanding the details
- Have developed HR knowledge and experience with multiple disciplines including employee relations, performance management, employment law, compliance, compensation & benefit practices and strategy, including health insurance and 401K
- Ability to adapt to changing responsibilities while coordinating multiple job tasks
- International experience is an advantage
- Desire to work as a team with a results driven approach
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, as well as personal skills
- Good problem-solving abilities
- Competitive salary and benefits (including pension plans, insurance, and more)
- Opportunity to work with great people on projects that create real impact
- Minimal bureaucracy and overhead, with focus on agility and speed
- All the tools you need to be productive
- Open and friendly company culture
- Flat structure with direct access to executive decision-makers
- High level of autonomy and ability to influence decisions
- Endless opportunities to grow, including international possibilities
- New & attractive offices in the Domain area