VP - Operations, Organizational Effectiveness (Human Resources) at Ascension
The VP, Operations - Organizational Effectiveness serves as a member of the national Human Resources Leadership Team and partners with national and system leaders to deliver the Ascension Strategic Plan priorities and expected outcomes; successfully implements national and local operations initiatives and uses business analytics to identify and remove barriers to success. The incumbent in this role will work in a highly matrixed organization and will need to demonstrate developed communication and collaboration skills as well as the ability to build cross functional relationships across the organization.
What You Will Do
- Provides executive level human resources leadership to inform and operationalize human capital strategies in support of achieving the Enhanced Footprint and Post-acute/At-home pillars of the Ascension Strategic Plan
- Bridges the partnership between national and market executive leadership teams to align existing or deliver new initiatives and programs that cultivate a culture of high performance grounded in Ascension's core values
- Specifically responsible for partnership with executives serving: Operations, Nursing, Ministry Markets, Consumer Experience, Post Acute, AMITA, The Resource Group, Medxcel, R1 and TouchPoint
- Leads the National Organizational Effectiveness teams to provide services, solutions and support that drive a consumer centric culture, business outcomes and leader accountability for the markets/line of business.
- Ensures strategic and operational plans, communications, and other activities across all markets/lines of business are aligned and intentional including the alignment of HR goals across the organization.
- Uses business analytics to forecast, strategize, and identify new opportunities to enhance the associate experience and establish a comprehensive workforce strategy.
- Leads and manages cross-functional projects and programs effectively and efficiently by escalating risks, tracking decisions, empowering decision makers, identifying interdependencies, building project plans and managing stakeholders.
- Ensures there are processes and structures in place to deliver organizational performance outcomes on time, within budget and aligned to Ascension's Strategic Plan
- Fosters a culture of appreciation, belongingness, inclusivity, diversity and equity to drive the associate experience
What You Will Need
Licensure / Certification / Registration:
- Required Credential(s):• None required.
- Bachelor's degree required. Master's degree preferred.
- 7 years of experience required.
- 10 years of experience preferred.
- 5 years of leadership or management experience preferred.
Strong business acumen with ability to drive change in a large, complex organization with matrix reporting relationships. Excellent organizational skills with an ability to prioritize multiple demands and projects.
Key Attributes: Critical thinker, highly developed communication skills, experience working in complex/matrixed organization, demonstrated ability to collaborate and create consensus, innovative mindset, direct, transparent, resilient, inclusive, compassionate, high emotional intelligence, demonstrated experience with change management and conflict management. #[email protected]
Why Join Our Team
When you join Ascension, you join a team of over 150,000 individuals across the country committed to a Mission of serving others and providing compassionate, personalized care to all. Our inclusive culture, continuing education programs, career coaches and benefit offerings are just a few of the resources and tools that team members can use to create a rewarding career path. In fact, Ascension spent nearly $46 million in tuition assistance alone to support associate growth and development. If you are looking for a career where you can grow and make a difference in your community, we invite you to join our team today.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Ascension is an equal opportunity employer (EEO) and affords equal opportunity to all associates and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected status.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the "EEO is the Law" poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
This employer participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.