VP of People at AppSumo (Austin, TX)
NOTE: Candidates must be US citizens/Permanent Residents located in NY, NJ, CA, WA or TX or be willing to relocateMeet AppSumo
AppSumo is the digital marketplace trusted by 1M+ entrepreneurs. We’ve helped launch top B2B tools like Mailchimp, Evernote, Intercom, and Dropbox, just to name a few.
Our slogan? Work doesn’t have to suck.
What does that mean? We don't want to work soul-crushing 9-to-5s. We love it here because what we do actually matters: supporting digital creators and entrepreneurs who want to build lifestyles they’re passionate about. With thousands of successful product launches and over a million entrepreneurs served, we’re on a mission to open the doors of entrepreneurship to everyone.
You in?The opportunity
This person will be responsible for leading our high-performing Recruiting and People teams during AppSumo's current rapid growth and beyond, as well as developing strategy, culture, and branding initiatives that will continue to position AppSumo as one of the top tech companies to work for.What you’ll be doing
- Working closely with the leadership team across all departments, strategically planning AppSumo's hiring roadmap, org structure, and development initiatives
- Leading the implementation and tracking of key KPIs across the People Team
- Mentoring and developing AppSumo's People Team of 8 (and growing)!
- Owning and continuously improving employee performance management initiatives
- Developing and driving our recruiting branding, internal career path development programs, training, and culture initiatives
- Being AppSumo’s point of contact regarding any compliance or legal policies
- 10+ years of experience in Recruitment/People Operations, preferably in the tech space
- 5+ years of leadership experience, specifically leading and developing teams in growth-oriented companies
- Organizational excellence and high attention to detail while continuing to advance high-priority initiatives
- Experience planning and executing on outstanding recruiting, culture, and employee-related programs
- Strong emotional intelligence and passion for building relationships across all levels of an organization
- Background working in the eCommerce/SaaS/Marketplace space, or in a company that is well-known for its excellent culture and employee satisfaction
- Experience working for a company size of 200-500+ employees OR better yet, taking a company from 200 to 500 employees!
- Highly preferred to be local to Austin, TX area (and we can help you get here!)
At AppSumo, we’re committed to building a diverse, encouraging, and collaborative working environment—the kind of company where work doesn’t suck.
Our culture starts with treating teammates like adults. We hire kickass people. We trust you to get your work done when you have something to do. If you need to run an errand, hit the gym, or meet a friend for lunch, you’re encouraged to do so. We know your work will speak for itself.
At AppSumo, you get:
Competitive pay, benefits package, and 401(k) matching
100% hybrid work model—work from home or the office
Freedom to have a side hustle (We’ll cheer you on.)
Open vacation (PTO) policy
Invites to two all-expenses-paid company trips per year (We’re talking destinations like Costa Rica.)
$200 per month to treat yourself (Therapy, Yoga, Massages, Tacos, whatever helps you be you.)
Late start/flexible hours
Access to our dog-friendly, snack-packed office (Austin)
Free lunch once a week, a computer, and work that actually makes an impact
Ready to join us?
Individuals seeking employment at AppSumo are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation. You are being given the opportunity to provide the following information in order to help us comply with federal and state Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action record keeping, reporting, and other legal requirements.