We’re building the skilled trades workforce of the future, and know that to empower the worker we must first empower our people. As the head of talent acquisition, you will be responsible for hiring our company’s talent that will power our future.
Workrise is building the skilled trades workforce of the future, and know that to empower the worker we must first empower our people. As the Head of Talent Acquisition, the candidate will be responsible for hiring Workrise’s talent that will power the future.
Workrise is looking for the leader of the talent team that thinks strategically, with a deep understanding of business needs. The candidate will be responsible for hiring, managing, and developing a team of high-performing internal recruiters and sourcers. Additionally, the candidate will play a pivotal role in visioning and architecting our systems, process, and candidate experiences. The ideal candidate will come from an operations and high growth background, managing outcomes through principled and data-driven approaches.
The People team at Workrise sits at the nexus of company strategy and execution. Workrise knows that our success is ultimately defined by our people, and relentlessly pursue the opportunity to build a best-in-class talent brand and culture.What you’ll be doing:
- Hiring, scaling, and leading our talent acquisition team
- Defining and executing on our talent acquisition strategy as it relates to driving company outcomes for the business
- Building process and systems to enable a best-in-class operation
- Setting OKRs, analyzing the results, and iterating on strategy
- Leading diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) initiatives throughout the hiring process
- Summarizing results and storytelling through data
- Partnering with finance to budget for headcount, capacity planning and governing corporate structure
- Establishing cross functional operating models across our people team, including HRBPs, total rewards, and culture programs
- A deep desire to empower the skilled trades workforce
- 5+ years of experience in talent acquisition and 10+ years of building and leading teams at high-growth companies
- Undergraduate degree in quantitative fields such as statistics, economics, engineering, finance
- MBA or other advanced degrees from a top program preferred
- Experience and passion for DEI initiatives
- Data analytics experience with regression analysis, hypothesis testing, applied statistics
- Expert in building process, systems, org structure and high performance teams
- Ability to thrive in ambiguity, test different approaches, and a willingness to fail and learn
- Strong business acumen, including a holistic understanding of the business strategy and the critical nature of the people function in delivering on that strategy
- A dynamic and disciplined thinker with intellectual horsepower, an entrepreneurial spirit, and a consultative mindset
- A hunger to roll up sleeves and a fire in the belly
- Fast-paced and autonomous
- Alignment to Workrise’s mission and core values
- Data-driven and process-oriented
- Competitive with agility to understand diverse organizational dynamics
- Strong work ethic and a willingness to go the extra mile
At Workrise you can feel good about your work and furthering our mission to serve those who do the hard work. We recognize that making an impact matters to you and we believe in providing an environment that fosters that ambition. We welcome you to develop relationships with coworkers by displaying our company values: Own the Mission, Learn and Grow, Solutions Over Ego, and Raise the Bar. In appreciation for your contributions, we support you with various health insurance plan options (including medical, dental, vision), flexible paid time off, and competitive 401k matching.
As a world-class employer, Workrise is committed to providing an environment where any and all people feel welcome, respected, and free to be their authentic selves. We welcome applicants of all gender identities, sexual orientation, educational background, religion, ethnicities, veteran status, and citizenships. We’d love to learn what you can add to our team!
In 2014, we set out to create a better way to get work done in the Oil & Gas industry. The goal — to build the most reliable and cost-effective workforce solution, using technology to make it easier to manage and deploy workers at scale. Over time, we’ve grown to serve construction, wind, solar, and defense.
We’re a Series E startup, backed by industry-leading investors Founders Fund, Bedrock Capital, Andreesen Horowitz, Baillie Gifford. To date, we’ve placed over 26,000 skilled tradespeople with over 500 businesses and are poised to grow exponentially over the coming months and years.
We’d love to share more through the interview process!