Workday Administrator - Austin, TX
Amherst is revolutionizing the way U.S. real estate is priced, managed and financed in order to unlock opportunities for all market participants. Driven by data, analytics, and technology, Amherst has a 20-year history of anticipating where the next risks and opportunities are likely to emerge and designing actionable strategies for investors to capitalize on opportunities across residential real estate, commercial real estate and public securities. Amherst, along with its affiliates and subsidiaries, has more than 900 employees, $5 billion under management and approximately $15 billion under advisement and oversight. www.amherst.com.
Amherst is looking for an incredibly talented Workday HCM Manager. The position requires a highly dedicated individual with Workday HCM and Payroll expertise who can deliver results in a high growth, ever-evolving environment. This person will be responsible for working with HR, Payroll, Finance, IT, Legal, TopBloc’s Professional Services team and the Workday Customer Community. The ideal person gathers requirements from various stakeholders and uses this information to configure a best in class experience for Amherst’s employees, managers and human capital partners. You don’t see Workday modules; your mindset is focused on how Amherst can create an amazing experience from hire to retire for our employees.
- Building trust and ensuring proactive delivery of HR and Payroll automation roadmap in conjunction with the Human Capital leadership team. This includes new features and configurations for Compensation, Payroll, Talent (Talent Acquisition, Onboarding, Learning & Growth and Performance).
- Drive and motivate team to deliver Hire to Retire initiatives from inception to delivery.
- Provide input and oversight of HR system projects definition and solution design for requested new features and operational enhancements for Amherst’s internal Workday solution.
- Works closely with the Information Technology team to ensure API connectivity and robust data for Concur, ADFS, Adaptive and Yardi.
- Act as the liaison between various organizations to manage business priorities, communicate changes in scope or schedule, and call out risks.
- Create strategies for risk mitigation and contingency planning.
- Develop a cadence with the Human Capital Leadership team to determine the prioritization of Workday configuration projects and any associated spending.
- Drive SOX, ISO & GDPR controls for all configuration design in Workday.
- The ability to build relationships, influence key decision-makers, and collaborate on a cross-functional team comprised of diverse personalities, skill sets, and levels of experience
- Strong communicator that works well in a collaborative team setting
- Strong team player who breaks down silos and works effectively with teams and stakeholders to establish and accomplish business objectives.
- Exceptional ability to gather organize and evaluate any information or data needed as input from stakeholders and development team to determine requirements and specifications.
- Get things done attitude.
Minimum Job Qualifications:
- At least 3 years Workday HCM specific administration & analysis experience, with a preference for someone who has completed a Workday HCM install.
- Strong Workday knowledge of HCM, OSV Payroll and Advanced Compensation are necessary; Talent and Benefits functions are nice to have.
- 10+ years experience in Hire to Retire process with other HCM platforms like Oracle, SAP SuccessFactors, Ultimate Software, PeopleGuru or similar large enterprise systems.
- Experience with Workday data and reporting modules.
- The ability to work in a fast-paced, high energy environment that requires flexibility and the capacity to quickly learn and assimilate information/new skills is essential.
- Exceptional presentation skills. Ability to present to senior levels of management (e.g. Sr. Director, VP) and to facilitate discussions at the senior stakeholder level/
- Well-honed organizational skills, focus and attention to detail.
What we offer:
- A competitive compensation package, annual bonus, 401k match
- Flexible PTO, 8 paid holidays, accrued sick/personal time
- Employer-paid benefits (medical, dental, vision, flex spending account)
- Professional career development and reimbursement
- On-premise fitness center, locker rooms
- Daily catered lunches, fully stocked kitchen with snacks/drinks
- Relaxed casual environment and weekly/quarterly office events!
Amherst is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information or veteran status, and encourage all applicants to apply.