Workday Administrator at SailPoint
The Workday Administrator is responsible for the centralized management and administration of the company’s Workday environment. This position is the liaison between company leadership, IT, business unit management, business unit functional Workday administrators, and the users of the system – all in support of the meeting the company’s business requirements. This role requires broad technical, architectural, and business knowledge of Workday as well as extensive skills and experience in assessing business requirements and delivering solutions that are aligned with business goals. The IT Workday Administrator will also focus on factors such as architecture, security, testing, governance and integrations with other external systems. Due to the distributed administrative structure of the company’s Workday implementation, cross-functional teamwork, coordination, and collaboration with other business units and business unit administrators are absolutely key to this role. This position will also require very little travel.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversee Workday administration and operation at the corporate IT level.
- Collaborate directly with business unit functional Workday administrators who administrate the system at the business unit level.
- Map business requirements into Workday solutions.
- Oversee the change management and release management processes used to manage all changes in Workday .
- Manage the overall health and operation of Workday, including system updates, regular maintenance, and monitoring.
- Perform routine maintenance, including, but not limited to: maintenance of Sandbox environments, document/file maintenance and purging, and security profile management.
- Manage and monitor the security of Workday.
- Maintain a Workday architecture roadmap and ensure all architectural changes and system integrations are properly planned and aligned with that roadmap.
- Customization of Workday, including layouts, custom objects, triggers, and workflows
- Create fields, views, reports, campaigns and other functions as needed for optimal efficiency across various departments.
- Develop complex reports to summarize system information for Senior Leadership. Competently articulate findings verbally and in writing.
- Regularly communicate system changes to users, in advance, to support seamless implementations of features and functions. Educate on the use, benefits and limitations of new changes and features.
- Maintain Workday security and integrity regarding employee and territory changes, account assignments, contacts, user licenses and general security rules and levels designed for user profiles.
- Regularly monitor and improve upon data quality and hygiene through merging of duplicate records, performing mass uploads or updates and removing unnecessary fields or data.
- Provide general end-user support, education and training as needed.
- Own the regular and ongoing control process of Workday and ensure clear documentation of Workday processes and standards. Keep up with system best practices.
- 4 years minimum of enterprise-level Workday Administration or Consulting (BA/SA) experience.
- Experience mapping business requirements into Workday solutions.
- Experience with Workday best practices.
- BS or degree in related field or equivalent experience.
- Extensive technical knowledge within Workday.
- One or more current Administrator and Developer Workday certifications.
- Processes an in-depth knowledge of the standard capabilities of Workday and have successfully expanded on those capabilities with customized manipulation of system features.
- Ability to influence business decisions through technical and operational guidance of the Workday system.
- Previous re-engineering experience updating an existing Workday.com configuration to provide solutions for reporting, workflows and enhanced functions.
- Ability to work in an open team environment and be a key player on the team.
- Interested in taking responsibility for self-learning. Proven ability to be independent, resourceful and effective with minimal direction.
- Ability to identify, mediate, and develop solutions to problems/issues, as well as implement an appropriate course of action.
- A strong team player mentality including possessing a passion and motivation for helping others and sharing knowledge. Ability to collaborate effectively with a broad range of personality types.
- Flexible team-first attitude.
- Excellent communication and analytical skills.