Brightpearl exists to automate retail. We help omnichannel businesses selling finished goods, trading $2.5m-$50m a year. Over 1,200 businesses in 26 countries use our platform. We manage over 10m transactions and $2b of business a year. Brightpearl is a cloud platform, built on AWS with 99.9% uptime, and is deployed twice as fast as the competition. We are increasing our investment in the US market, our biggest market opportunity (over $1b TAM), and we’re hiring additional sales and go-to-market capacity to help us address that opportunity. Brightpearl is headquartered in Bristol, UK, with offices in San Francisco and now our new US headquarters in Austin, Texas.
About the role
The Implementation Consultant role is responsible for ensuring the Professional Services team deliver high quality implementation projects. As a member of this team, you will be responsible for leading implementations, adding value throughout the solution delivery stage (ensuring quality delivery standards are met) with a smooth customer handover to the Customer Success and Support teams. An ability to manage diverse teams and balance achievement of customer objectives in conjunction with delivery timelines and budget is essential for success in this role. The role is based in our Austin, Texas office and reports to the Business Consultancy Leader.
- Your primary focus will be to lead implementations and manage relationships with project stakeholders (clients, third parties, vendors, and Brightpearl internal stakeholders).
- You will review, de-risk, and provide accurate work estimates of Solution Proposals to Brightpearl Sales departments.
- You will engage in project kick-off meetings to review expectations, deliverables, and timelines.
- You will monitor and deliver artifacts to the agreed project plan.
- You will ensure key project deliverables are up to a high standard of excellence.
- You must ensure the timely communication of risks and/or issues for deliverables to internal and external stakeholders. You will need to escalate where required.
- You will gather and document accurate requirements for software configuration designed to meet the true business needs of the client.
- You will be considered to be the primary point of contact during implementation projects for client support. This can include but not be limited to: resolving problems, explain products and services, provide direction on appropriate software usage, troubleshooting, and provide direction on other business priorities.
- You will need to collaborate on timelines and deliverables with Professional Services, Sales, Project Management, Customer Support, Product, and any other department that may be involved with the an implementation project with a Client.
- You must be able to demonstrate the ability to work independently with clients and for both short and mid length engagement (
- You will be asked to provide key insight on solutions delivery to ensure there is a cycle of continuous improvement.
- A Bachelor degree, preferably in Business, Supply Chain Management, CIS or computer-related field, or equivalent experience
- Experience implementing an ERP or any enterprise wide business system.
- Using and implementing one or more of the following systems - accounting packages (Xero, Quickbooks, Sage 50 etc), inventory & stock control, CRM, sales order processing or equivalent technology systems;
- Experience in ERP software implementation on systems such as NetSuite, SAP, Oracle, Microsoft Dynamics;
- 2+ years in business application training and accounting / finance experience
- Enthusiastic and driven personality with exceptional communication skills
- Collaborative and consultative work style
- Organized and detail oriented
- Experience delivering product/technical solutions
- Experience delivering consulting & training services (customer facing)
- Ability to link business processes in one or more of the following areas - sales, distribution and fulfillment, customer support
- Ability to work independently, without close supervision, as well as part of a team
- Experience building and maintaining good customer relationships
- Project quoting experience
- Project Management
- An understanding of eCommerce technologies such as Magento, Shopify, ekmPowershop and Bigcommerce and online marketplaces such as eBay and Amazon
- Strong understanding of small to medium-size business operations
We offer a competitive salary, plus a whole host of great benefits like 20 days of PTO + 12 paid holidays, share options, 100% paid medical, dental and vision. We also offer the chance to work in a friendly office in Capital Factory (gym, pool, cold brew coffee, beer on tap etc) with lots of interesting clients and colleagues.