Accounting Intern at ActiveProspect, Inc.
ActiveProspect is an Austin-based SaaS company that helps companies acquire customers via consent-based marketing (opt-in leads). Our products are used by leading brands across many industries to efficiently and safely scale these types of campaigns. We give companies the insight and control needed to take real-time action on their leads - by paying the right price, filtering out leads that are unlikely to convert, and routing leads to the right place. In tandem, we help protect companies from the Telephone Consumer Protection Act (TCPA) litigation by verifying and documenting proof of consent.
ActiveProspect is seeking a part time Accounting Intern to join our small but growing accounting team. Are you an accounting or finance student looking for hands-on experience with contributing to accounting processes at a software company? The ideal candidate will be working on their accounting degree and/or preparing to sit for the CPA examination. This is a great opportunity to become an expert at basic software applications and resources like QuickBooks Online, Expensify, Bill.com, and corporate AMEX cards. Our CFO is a CPA and can attest to your experience for CPA-qualifying purposes. Opportunity exists to become full-time Staff Accountant upon graduation.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Will manage and contribute to the accounts payable process, specifically:
- Work with employees by reviewing expense reports to check for expense policy violations and submit for reimbursement.
- Work with vendors by processing invoices to be paid (we use bill.com), review invoices then submit to CFO for payment, ensuring all appropriate approvals have been obtained.
- Reconciling 8 AMEX and Visa credit card statements in QuickBooks.
- Reviewing and approving corporate credit card expenses via Expensify.
- File and organize all vendor contracts in Google Drive. Assist with contract renewals as necessary.
- Will contribute to financial reporting and month-close, specifically:
- Assist with balance sheet reconciliations.
- Assist with financial statement close and presentation of results.
- Opportunity to assist with the order to cash (revenue and accounts receivable) process over time.
Qualifications and Skills
- Currently pursuing a college degree with a major or concentration in accounting.
- Eager to learn and displays a positive attitude
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to handle various tasks; attention to detail
- Experience with bill.com and Expensify
- Experience with reconciling corporate credit cards in Quickbooks
- Must be able to work well with others and as part of a team
- Demonstrates flexibility in day-to-day work
Benefits and Perks
- A financially stable company, with the freedom and opportunities of a startup culture
- Flexible work schedule
- Beautiful office space in Hyde Park (close to Central Market and Hyde Park Gym)
- Fun office environment with Ping pong table and kegerator.
ActiveProspect is an Equal Opportunity Employer