Analytics Intern - Strategy Team
BigCommerce is disrupting the e-commerce industry as the SaaS leader for fast- growing, mid-market businesses. We enable our customers to build intuitive and engaging stores to support every stage of their growth.
BigCommerce is looking for an Analytics Intern for our office in Four Points office in Austin, TX. This will be a paid, full-time (~ 40 hours/week) summer internship.
As an Analytics Intern on the Strategy & Execution (S&E) team, you will be responsible for measuring and quantifying the performance of strategic initiatives. You will partner closely with initiative leaders to provide them with an understanding of the business performance and to dive deep into the details to uncover new insights that drive business decisions.
A successful candidate will combine a keen interest in data with strong business acumen and a drive to have a meaningful impact on the organization.
What You’ll Do:
- Utilize SQL to manipulate and analyze data and visualization tools to provide reporting and to core stakeholder teams.
- Explore new data sources and suggest uses for implementation within our existing data structures.
- Work on a project resulting in a strategic recommendation to executive-level business and product stakeholders.
- Participate in a data-oriented and growth-focused team environment.
Who You Are:
- Current student at an accredited university or recent graduate in a quantitative discipline (Business Intelligence, Management Information Systems, Finance, Economics or Computer Science)
- Technically savvy and a quick learner with an interest in data analytics and visualization
- Able to manage time well and prioritize work within deadlines
- Proactive and results-oriented, comfortable tackling ambiguous problems
- Ambitious, self-motivated, goal-focused and analytical
- Experience using SQL for basic data analysis
- Familiarity with relational database concepts and data models
- Basic skill-set in office productivity software, including spreadsheets
- Quantitative reasoning and numerical literacy
- Excellent written communication skills
- Intermediate/advanced exposure to Excel for data manipulation
- Knowledge of Tech Industry & SaaS model
- Knowledge or experience with Python or R programming languages
- Exposure to data visualization tools (ie. Periscope Data, Tableau, Looker)
- Knowledge of digital marketing analytics
- Data warehousing or data modeling experience
Diversity & Inclusion at BigCommerce
We have the opportunity to build not only a great business, but a great company, with soul. Our beliefs and commitment to diversity and inclusion are a central part of achieving that.
Our dedication to diversity and inclusion is grounded in two things: a moral belief in the dignity, value, and potential of every individual, and a practical belief that diverse, inclusive teams will create the best outcomes for our customers, partners, employees, and company. We welcome everyone to be a part of our journey.