BigCommerce, named a "Best Place to Work" in Austin 2019, is looking for an Analytics Intern. This will be a paid, full-time (~ 40 hours/week) summer internship.
As an Intern Analyst you will gain experience supporting data, product and/or business teams through insights and data visualizations. You will have the opportunity to develop reporting, explore new data sources and deliver key strategic recommendations based on your analyses.
A successful candidate will combine a keen interest in data with business/product acumen and a drive to have a meaningful impact on the organization.
What You’ll Do:
- Utilize SQL to manipulate and analyze data and visualization tools to provide reporting and to core stakeholder teams.
- Explore new data sources and suggest uses for implementation within our existing data structures.
- Work on a project resulting in a strategic recommendation to executive-level business and product stakeholders.
- Participate in a data-oriented and growth-focused team environment.
- Analyze acquisition funnel effectiveness, identify strategic and tactical opportunities, and make recommendations to further profitability and growth
Who You Are:
- Current student at an accredited university or recent graduate in a quantitative discipline (Business Intelligence, Management Information Systems, Finance, Economics or Computer Science)
- Technically savvy and a quick learner with an interest in data analytics and visualization
- Able to manage time well and prioritize work within deadlines
- Proactive and results-oriented, comfortable tackling ambiguous problems
- Ambitious, self-motivated, goal-focused and analytical
- Experience using SQL for data analysis
- Familiarity with relational database concepts and data models
- Basic skill-set in office productivity software, including spreadsheets
- Quantitative reasoning and numerical literacy
- Problem solving skill - coupling a scientific approach with business acumen
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills
- Intermediate/advanced exposure to Excel for data manipulation
- Knowledge or experience with Python or R programming languages
- Exposure to data visualization tools (ie. Periscope Data, Tableau, Looker)
- Data warehousing or data modeling experience
Diversity & Inclusion at BigCommerce
We have the opportunity to build not only a great business, but a great company, with soul. Our beliefs and commitment to diversity and inclusion are a central part of achieving that.
Our dedication to diversity and inclusion is grounded in two things: a moral belief in the dignity, value, and potential of every individual, and a practical belief that diverse, inclusive teams will create the best outcomes for our customers, partners, employees, and company. We welcome everyone to be a part of our journey.