Application for Cloudflare 2020 Remote Summer Internship Program at Cloudflare
Cloudflare is looking to hire interns this summer to join our various Software Engineering, Product Strategy, Product Management and Security teams.
Cloudflare is a leading security, performance, and reliability company on a mission to help build a better Internet. We genuinely believe that with our talented team, smart technology, and engaged users we can solve some of the biggest problems on the Internet. Just how big?
Every day, we see more than 1 billion unique IP addresses. Anytime we push code, it automatically affects the 20 million+ Internet properties (websites, apps, APIs, etc.) running on our global network. Cloudflare's network is one of the largest in the world and spans over 200 cities in more than 90 countries. What's more, Cloudflare operates within 100 milliseconds of 99% of the Internet-connected population in the developed world (for context, the blink of an eye is 300-400 milliseconds!). We are passionate about making the Internet more secure, reliable, and faster for everyone.
We realize people do not fit into neat boxes. We are looking for curious and empathetic individuals who are committed to developing themselves and learning new skills, and we are ready to help you do that. We cannot complete our mission without building a diverse and inclusive team. We hire the best people based on an evaluation of their potential and support them throughout their time at Cloudflare. Join us!
- Product Manager - Intern: PM interns @ Cloudflare get to explore and work with some of the newest and most innovative advances in security and networking. You will work closely with Software Engineers and designers to discover, invent, and build at the largest scale. You will be exploring challenges in data mining, machine learning, privacy & security, networking, storage and data management, and much more.
- Security Engineer - Intern: As guardians of our global ecosystem, security engineers are the foundation of everything Cloudflare stands for. Using your code writing and analytical capabilities, you’ll hunt for weaknesses and reinforce products, networks, infrastructure, or applications that support over 20 million+ Internet properties worldwide.
Examples of desirable skills, knowledge and experience
- Currently pursuing a degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics or relevant field to the role.
- Demonstrated critical thinking skills and drive to learn and adapt new technologies.
- Curiosity, empathy and ability to get things done.
- Ability to commit to a 12-week internship remotely.
What Makes Cloudflare Special?
We’re not just a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company. We’re a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company with a soul. Fundamental to our mission to help build a better Internet is protecting the free and open Internet.
Project Galileo: We equip politically and artistically important organizations and journalists with powerful tools to defend themselves against attacks that would otherwise censor their work, technology already used by Cloudflare’s enterprise customers--at no cost.
Project Athenian: We created Athenian Project to ensure that state and local governments have the highest level of protection and reliability for free, so that their constituents have access to election information and voter registration.
Path Forward Partnership: Since 2016, we have partnered with Path Forward, a nonprofit organization, to create 16-week positions for mid-career professionals who want to get back to the workplace after taking time off to care for a child, parent, or loved one.
Sound like something you’d like to be a part of? We’d love to hear from you!
Cloudflare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all people and place great value in both diversity and inclusiveness. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to their, or any other person's, perceived or actual race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, or any other basis protected by law. We are an AA/Veterans/Disabled Employer.
Cloudflare provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job. Examples of reasonable accommodations include, but are not limited to, changing the application process, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job, please contact us via e-mail at [email protected] or via mail at 101 Townsend St. San Francisco, CA 94107. #LI-DNP