BUSINESS OPERATIONS INTERN
You're looking for a team where you can drive decisions, be challenged and build a powerful and novel product. You want to collaborate with smart, creative, and energetic people. You’re comfortable with being uncomfortable. You look for projects where you can learn new technologies and techniques. You’re comfortable designing, developing, testing, and launching software. You’re creative. And if this sounds like you, you sound like someone we want on our team.
We're creating a platform to help understand and explore online communities. Day-to-day you’ll work with a rapidly growing team of software engineers, front end engineers, and data-scientists. You'll build out systems that can scale and are reliable. Collaborating will be huge, and there's a lot to do - there's no shortage of exciting work. There are a lot of resources available to us and you'll be early in the company. You’ll have a huge impact.
New Knowledge is on a mission to defend public discourse. We build products that repair online communities, identify manipulation, and help them communicate more authentically. In a world where social media is being manipulated on a massive scale, this is no small task. We care about protecting communities, brands, and companies from being targeted by the spreading of disinformation. The kind of people who work with us have to be passionate about that challenge and mission.
Important things in no particular order:
- We have revenue and are VC funded, but this isn’t a Redbull-fueled, brogrammer kind of place.
- The company is based in Austin, and we give preference to candidates who already live in Austin.
- We're building applications from scratch and have the ability to build in the most relevant, latest technologies.
- A junior or senior at a 4 year college
- Authorized to work in the US
- Just get-the-job-done attitude
- Ability to come up with creative solutions
- Excitement about our mission and what we do
- Report to the VP of Operations
- Run and analyze financial reports of the daily company operations
- Work on company recruiting, brainstorming creative ways to get in front of potential candidates
- Assist with sales operations and deal flow management pipeline
- Help with any marketing or design tasks
- Manage the delivery of company website re-brand
- Daily office management
- This is a paid internship
- A business that trusts and embraces technology
- A leadership team that wants to do it right and is open to new ideas
- Lots of available and free parking
- Stocked kitchen full of healthy snacks
- Professional development opportunities