Cloud Platform Intern
We are looking for talented and passionate software engineers to make an impact on our industry leading Cloud Engineering team. You will work alongside a highly-experienced team of engineers from various academic and industry backgrounds.
You’ll have the chance to impact the development experience on the edge of innovation of cloud technologies. Our ever-growing footprint, will give you the opportunity to work at scale while being creative in an agile team. You’ll be joining a team where people go out of their way to help each other succeed. You’ll also get to work with partners across the globe gaining international experience in a fast-paced e-commerce industry all while working in an incredible office space!
What you’ll do:
- Some of the work our interns will be focused on:
- Data Visualization: Build rich and interactive visualizations and user experiences for HomeAway's cutting edge Cloud Graph platform. This is an internal incubation project that offers exciting technology, world-class data visualization, and a compelling problem space. You will collaborate with our high caliber incubation team to help craft magical user experiences and help define the future of visualization for cloud computing.
- Graph Database: Build new architectural enhancements, rich data feeds, and graph-based computations for HomeAway's Cloud Graph platform. This is an internal incubation project that offers exciting technology, cutting-edge knowledge engineering, and world-class data visualizations. Work with our high caliber incubation team and help us innovate and deliver the future of manageability for Cloud Computing.
- Cloud Services: You will help to enable developer productivity and velocity through an automated Multi-PaaS cloud infrastructure. This platform is rooted in the principle of infrastructure as code and is constantly evolving and integrating new and interesting technologies. You’ll continually learn and utilize the latest open-source tools available to enable a seamless experience between our bare metal, public and private cloud environments.
- Development Tools: Help building modern tooling/services for our engineering community. Partner with world-class engineers on leveling up our CI/CD pipeline management and software development life cycle (SDLC). You will be enhancing the time to market velocity with which we deploy our world class e-commerce marketplace.
- Digital Platform: Play a key role in Digital Platform for Realtime Intelligence. You will be working on high performance, petabyte scale Big Data platform serving real-time and batch processing needs of the company. Opportunity to learn technologies that include Kafka, Kafka steams, Hadoop.
Technologies we use:
- Java, Python, Ruby, Scala, AWS, Hadoop, Node.js, D3.js, Kafka, Kafka steams, Spark, Docker, Kubernetes, Splunk, Jenkins, Github, Artifactory, Consul, DataDog,Terraform, Elastic search, Consul, Cassandra, Jersey, Jetty, KStreams, Mesos,and Linux.
Who you are:
- Our Ideal Intern:
- Currently pursuing a BS, or MS in computer science or a related technical field
- Experience with AWS, Azure or VMWare
- Experience working collaboratively through an agile development process including gathering requirements through presenting your work
- Experience developing unit tests, functional tests, and integration test frameworks for distributed systems
- Knowledge of CI/CD pipelines
- Understanding of DevOps, software development life Cycle (SDLC), system administration, Puppet/Chef/Ansible/SaltStack, and Platform as a Service architecture.
Why join us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
HomeAway, a world leader in the vacation rental industry, is the place to book beach houses, cabins, and condos with more than two million places to stay in 190 countries. The site makes it easy to find and book the perfect vacation rental for any getaway, often for less than the cost of traditional hotel accommodations. HomeAway is part of the Expedia Group family of brands.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.