Customer Success Intern
Our customer success team is the bridge between our non-techie clients and our techie team. They handle new client implementation, account management, training, and everything in between. If it involves one of our users or buyers - they’re on the case! Now, they’re looking for an intern with a genuine interest in startup culture, an entrepreneurial spirit, and a strong desire to learn. Throughout the internship, this person will gain a snapshot of the customer success function in a company plus have a good sense of the day to day life at a startup. Each day here presents its own challenges, so, we need a go-getter, willing to jump into any task.
Sound like you? If so, let’s chat!
- You’ll be supporting the customer success team. Some days that will mean diving into what feels like senseless data and then presenting your findings back to the team. Other times it will be understanding new technologies. Whatever it is you’re excited for an opportunity to learn.
- You should be able to handle ambiguity. Not all tasks will be straightforward. Sometimes we don’t know what we’re looking for, but with a little elbow grease and a lot of research, you’re able to work through it.
- You possess superb verbal and written communication skills. Whether it’s writing user training, documenting product features, or speaking to a user - you’re able to adjust for the audience.
- You’ve held a position that required customer service skills. You’ll be in on customer calls and will often be the point of contact for follow-up. You’ll need to be empathetic and approachable.
- You have a background in project or event planning. You know the importance of maniacal attention to detail and have the motivation to produce high-quality work.
- Currently enrolled in a 4-year degree program
- Microsoft Excel chops, preferably with a deep love of pivot tables
- Presentation know how including the use of Microsoft PowerPoint
- Must be in the Austin metro area
- Please apply with a cover letter that details why you’re a fit for the role and Square Root!
- This is for Summer 2019, but we're flexible on the start date.
We're always looking for people to add to and evolve our culture + company. We want you to bring your unique experience and perspective, so don't worry about checking all the boxes. If our values and mission resonate with you, please apply!
Our Radical Culture
Our culture is at the core of everything we do. We have fun, but we work hard. So, as we grow we’re not only looking to hire the best and brightest, but we’re also looking for people that share our values. This is the code we live by:
- Think big. Do bigger. Big ideas are meant to be pursued. We have a bias for action, iteration, and impact.
- Be Customer Inspired. Our customers’ toughest challenges inspire us to build innovative software. We delight them by deeply understanding their business and driving results.
- Partner. We’re approachable, dependable, and collaborative. We go above and beyond to help our customers, our partners, and one another succeed.
- Thrive. We revere personal and professional growth. We recognize individuality, embrace authenticity, and celebrate each other’s success.
- Paid. This is an ongoing, part-time, paid internship.
- Flexibility. Our office has no set hours, unlimited time off, and no dress code. This means we can easily work with your class schedule.
- Grow with us. Our internships offer folks the ability to learn how a company works, make an impact, and grow with us.
- Training. Kick off your internship with an immersive on-boarding program. You’ll have a 1-on-1 with each department head including our CEO in your first few weeks.
- Good stuff. Oh and if you’re not already sold - we have loads of free jazz like snacks, drinks, and lunches + wellness sessions to combat all the noshing.
Square Root is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected Veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.