“Making Healthcare Right. Together.” is the cornerstone of all we do. Our vision is to deliver the best healthcare experience by putting brilliant minds, empathetic hearts and personalized technology to work to create meaningful relationships between our members and Care Partners. To successfully achieve our mission and vision as we operate in a dynamic health care environment, we expect Bright People to embody and uphold our core values in work and interactions, both internal and external: Be Purposeful, Be Authentic, Be Brave, Be Positive, Be Respectful, and Be Accountable.
Bright Health is seeking a Cybersecurity Intern to join our Information Security Team. As part of the team, you’ll deliver innovative solutions to real business challenges, gaining experience across a variety of functions within the cybersecurity landscape including building, maintaining and supporting public cloud security and engineering initiatives.
Bright Health’s 9-week summer internship program offers university students the chance to discover what it’s like to work at a mission-driven growth company and leading health care organization. Our interns deliver innovative solutions to real business challenges and build enduring relationships with their manager and an assigned mentor.
Interns are immediately part of Bright Health’s collaborative culture. Our team will have several project options to choose from and will allow you to pick what interests you. Spend your summer at Bright and gain a career where you can make a difference!
PROJECTS MAY INCLUDE
- Assist in monitoring internal and external networks, systems, and applications for security anomalies and events (e.g. suspicious behavior, attacks, and security breaches)
- Respond to cyber incidents, performing routine analysis using security tools
- Assist in using the discoveries from the incident response process to make basic improvements to the existing detection capabilities
- Document basic findings to security alerts
- Collaborate with the Information Security Team to resolve security issues and navigate obstacles
- Identify and manage existing and emerging risks that stem from business activities and ensures risks associated with business activities are effectively identified, measured, monitored, and controlled
- Junior or Senior year of Undergraduate Degree Program
- Major in Cyber Security, Identity Management, Management Information Systems, Computer Science or related field
- 0 to 2 years of related experience in Information Security, Cyber Security and/or Information Technology to include accountability for simple to moderately complex tasks and/or projects required
- Foundational and conceptual knowledge of the function/discipline and demonstrated application of knowledge, skills and abilities towards work products required
- Foundational level of business acumen in the areas of the business operations, risk management, industry practices and emerging trends required
SUCCESSFUL INTERN ATTRIBUTES
- Related experience in Information Security, Cyber Security, and/or Information Technology
- Foundational knowledge of Malware Detection
- Foundational knowledge of Red or Team Blue Team exercises
- Foundational knowledge of Cloud Computing, Microsoft Azure
- Motivated by Bright Health's mission of making healthcare right, together.
- Energetic, self–driven, passionate, flexible and ambitious
Our internship program will last 9 weeks from June 7, 2021 through August 6th, 2021. This is a paid internship designed to be 40 hours per week, working remotely with the potential to work from our Austin office.
We’re Making Healthcare Right. Together.
We've won some fun awards like: Great Places to Work, Modern Healthcare, Forbes, etc. But more than anything, we're a group of people who are really dedicated to our mission in healthcare. Come join our growing team!
Check out this great video showcasing just some of the fantastic Technology Team broadcasting from our ATX office!
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we welcome and employ a diverse employee group committed to meeting the needs of Bright Health, our consumers, and the communities we serve. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.