Data Analytics Intern
Do you love analysis? Really love analysis? How about vacations, do you love vacations too? Want a job where you can swipe right for both analysis and vacations? If so, then HomeAway has an internship role for you! The Data Insights Intern is someone who is passionate about learning our business using data, technology and analytics to provide valuable data insights to drive the company’s critical business decisions.
What you’ll do:
- Key Responsibilities:
- Become a HomeAway data guru - be the point of contact for data questions and insights
- Turn data-based observations and insights into hypotheses for AB testing through analytical rigor
- Monitor engagement and conversion trends across the HomeAway worldwide network, identify breaks in trends, understand underlying drivers, and surface opportunities and threats
- Develop self-service reporting for product and development teams, by collecting and integrating data from various sources, including web analytics tools and internal databases
- Present a holistic analysis to Product Management leadership
Who you are:
- Required Skills:
- Be dedicated in solving business questions that data could potentially answer by producing top down data driven solutions to address them
- Product development mindset and focus on actionable analytics: e.g. Ability to surface signals in our data and work to transform these into concrete actionable insights
- Experience with Clickstream data or an Analytics tool (Google Analytics, Adobe Analytics, etc)
- Innovative, global thinker & great teammate
- Average SQL skills are required (MSSQL, BQ, Hive)
- Skills in Tableau, R, Python are an added bonus for data analysis, structuring, transforming and visualizing
- Statistical knowledge and modeling is an added bonus
- Background and Experience:
- Academic or work experience in an analytical field (e.g. Marketing Science, Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Economics)
- Ability to work independently
- Proficient at analyzing and interpreting data
- Consistent ability to produce quality, accurate and highly detailed work products
- Experience in a relevant area – travel, ecommerce, or real estate is a strong plus.
- Inquisitive and curious minds only need to apply
Why join us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
HomeAway, a world leader in the vacation rental industry, is the place to book beach houses, cabins, and condos with more than two million places to stay in 190 countries. The site makes it easy to find and book the perfect vacation rental for any getaway, often for less than the cost of traditional hotel accommodations. HomeAway is part of the Expedia Group family of brands.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.