Data Science Contractor Or Intern
Product Data Science Contractor/ Intern
OutboundEngine is one of the fastest growing tech startup companies in the nation, ranked number 95 by Inc. Magazine. We are based out of Austin, Texas, where we have been named a "Best Place to Work" winner for the last four years by the Austin Business Journal. Since 2012, OutboundEngine has helped over 10,000+ business owners market themselves by doing it for them. We create original content for our clients, automate their email campaigns, update their social media profiles, surface their best leads and ultimately help them drive repeat and referral business.
OutboundEngine is currently looking for passionate & driven Data Science Contractor/ Interns interested in joining our Data Science Team.
The primary function of the Data Science Analyst is to support the business by turning data into actionable insights. The team is involved in a broader scope of projects, including lead segmentation, customer segmentation, A/B testing, predictive modeling, forecasting, dash-boarding, and product improvements.
This position will work very closely with the product team to draw insights from application data, and to turn those insights into product improvements. With potential improvements identified as features to be added to the product, this position is expected to interface with Engineering teams in the implementation process.
A successful candidate should be passionate about analytics, software development, and should be interested in learning about all aspects of our business.
While analytics is an important aspect of this position, you will also be expected to think about data in the context of practical business questions, presenting insights and recommendations to the team, which includes data cleansing, aggregation and visualization.
- Bachelor's degree in a quantitative field such as statistics, mathematics, actuarial science, computer science, finance, or economics with 2-3 years of relevant experience or working towards a Master’s/PhD degree in the above listed fields.
- Advanced knowledge of SQL.
- Experience with at least one data science language such as Python or R and version control software such as GIT.
- Tableau reporting.
- Knowledge of survival analysis, clustering, regression are also good to have.
What's in it for you:
- Company-paid downtown parking or metro pass.
- Stocked kitchen with snacks, beverages and catered lunches.
- Casual dress and music rocking all day.
- An awesome work environment and positive work culture, which celebrates employees success!
- We accept student visas for internships
- Company events, such as private concerts, happy hours, team outings, holiday parties and more.