Data Science Intern
Ideal candidates are excited and motivated by the idea of analyzing college student and faculty demographic and behavior data out of a diverse set of systems. Interns should be eager to take a crack at building predictive models, and crave working in a fast-paced, goal-oriented environment, where your contributions make a visible impact. This is a 40 hour/week, paid internship.
- Contribute to independent summer projects focusing on the use of data and analytics to solve particular business problems.
- Work collaboratively with software engineers, data engineers, and the product team to develop powerful predictive models that fuel our applications.
- Manipulate and transform raw tables to extract actionable insights and recommendations to be presented to users.
- Work with ETL/data warehousing concepts as well as data science algorithms in signal processing, feature engineering, and model building with quality assurance using visual analytics.
- Report data findings diligently and creatively to internal teams and externally to our partners.
- Apply an understanding of traditional business intelligence and data warehousing concepts (ETL, data modeling, and reporting).
- In pursuit of an undergraduate, graduate, or PhD degree at a four-year institution in Data Science, Math, Physics, Statistics, Computer Science, Engineering, or related field.
- Deep desire to manipulate and analyze complex, high-volume, highly dimensional data from varying sources.
- Passion for empirical research and answering hard questions with data and models.
- Knowledge of statistical concepts such as correlation, linear regression, optimization, and how they can be applied.
- Exposure to statistical analysis tools/frameworks such as NumPy/SciPy/Pandas/SciKit learn, or SparkML.
- Expertise in Machine Learning/Cognitive Computing algorithms and techniques would be a bonus.
- Excellent problem solver with the ability to take initiative.
- Able to present findings and communicate effectively.
- Able to work collaboratively across teams and leverage constructive feedback.
- Naturally curious and skeptical.
About Civitas Learning®:
Civitas Learning is a student success company delivering the clearest path to improved higher education outcomes. The company’s Student Success Intelligence Platform leverages each institution’s unique data to find and distribute the strongest signals across the student lifecycle. These signals empower students to make the best possible decisions along their academic pathway. Advisors, faculty, and administrators can personalize support, scale meaningful action, and measure impact to dramatically improve student outcomes.
Today, Civitas Learning is a strategic partner to more than 325 colleges and universities, serving nearly 8 million students. Together with our growing community of partners, Civitas Learning is making the most of the world’s learning data to graduate a million more students per year by 2025.